“Very Good Place to stay”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Garni Dr. Otto Murr
PORTIMAO
“Very Good Place to stay”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Nice accomodations, clean and confortable, very good spa to relax, good breakfast.
Warm and friendly staff always available to advice and give excelent sugestions of restaurants and reservations, walks, ski and shopping.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I was there for 10 days in Jan 2012. Alexandra and Inga warmly welcomed their guests. The room was very clean and cozy. What I really like at B&Bs is the breakfast, which as a skier (at least for me) is the most important meal. The hotel had a very nice breakfast and the highlight was the absolutely amazing self made (Swiss) Bircher muesli. I have tried quite a few on my travels through Switzerland and this one was among the very best.
After ski I enjoyed the sauna (dry, infrared and steam plus good size swimming pool) which was very clean and spacious. Another plus of the hotel was the location with 3min walk to ski lift and 5min to pedestrian area of St. Anton. Overall I think the hotel was well worth it and I enjoyed my stay and I would definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Excellent accommodation and very helpful staff. One minute walk to Nasserein gondola and 4 minute walk into the centre. Room was spacious and very comfortable. Breakfast was the usual continental standard. Staff were very helpful. Whilst I was on train back to airport realised I had left my passport at the hotel. The staff organised for the passport to be taken by one of the shuttle buses to the airport so I could collect it. Very relieved! Would definitely recommend this to anyone going to St Anton.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael T
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Garni Dr. Otto Murr during a family trip. From the moment we booked the hotel, their representative, Miss Murr, was very kind and helpful, considering that we were a party of 17 members!
The hotel is immaculately clean, cozy and offers an elegant and yet typical ambiance, that makes you feel at home. Breakfast was wonderfuly served, and our experience in St Anton was really great..
We will undoubtedly return to this hotel if we ever happen to visit the Arlberg area again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Valeria0506
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 7 April 2011

We spent a week at the end of March and the beginning of April in Hotel Garni Dr. Otto Murr in St. Anton. The experience started from the day we have contacted the hotel till the day we checked out. The quality of the service of the owner of the hotel, Ms. Alexandra Murr, and her staff from the day of the reservation and the great efforts to fulfill each and every one of our requests were something unusual. Ms. Murr was generous and patient and tried (and definitely succeeds) to make us feel as we are in our own home.
Her tips and knowledge of the site helped us to enjoy the slopes and the city – she recommends us for the best places to snowboard, to eat and drink and was available for us 24/7.
We will definitely get back to this nice hotel, not necessarily because it is so close to the sky lifts but for one huge advantage – the feeling we had when we left the hotel.
Thanks Alexnadra – it was great pleasure.

Room Tip: No tips – just go… you will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank hagail
Bromont, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2011

My wife & I went for a ski trip in St-Anton and we stayed at the Dr Otto Murr for a full week. The hotel is located just a minute walk from the new Gondola witch gives access to all the major ski domains. The place is quiet as it is located 4 minutes walk form the strip where you find all the bars & restaurants (where the action / noise is !) The room, the sauna & pool, the restaurant, everything is perfectly clean ! The breakfast included in our plan was very good. There is also a ski room where you safely lock your skis at night and a wall full of heated boot racks on which you hang your boots so they are perfectly dry the next day; no need to bring your boots to open and dry them in your room.

The owners were always available to help or do anything to please us. As per their suggestion, we took a day off to rest our legs and took the 90 minutes train to go to Innsbruck. If you dont speak German, finding your way might be a little tricky but you aks anybody on the street and hey will be more than happy to help. Beautiful scenery, great architecture, nice shops and cafés, the St-Jacob Cathedral is worth the visit !

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, in fact, the day we go back to Austria, we will go to this exact same place as it was simply perfect !

ENJOY !

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FBoetZizz
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2011

I have stayed here before on recomendation and I can honestly say you will not be disappointed. I have been going to St Anton for 20 Years or so and have stayed in different hotels and BB's. This time I was taking my wife (who likes a nice place so I took her to Otto Murr.....she loved it.

Rooms are clean and very spaceous - flat screen TV's (yes...we had 2 in the room!), great Breakfasts (boiled eggs, ham, cereal, toasts etc) and there's a small swimming pool (although we never made it there due to Apres Ski commitments).

Location wise, it's a small walk from the center of town but this means it's quieter at night - takes 5 minutes to walk in at most.

Only improvement could be a computer for all residents to use if you do not bring a laptop (Wireless available at a cost per day) - but hey - your on holiday anyway. There is an Internet Cafe in Town anyway so no biggie.

Lovely people there and the biggest plus point I can say is my wife loved it there and would go back - and she has stayed in some top hotels. For a bit of luxury at affordable price - I'd recommend to stay here - you won't be disappointed.

Thanks Alexandra - see you soon :)

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple