Stayed for a skiing holiday between 4/2/12 and 11/2/12. I was given a very small single room with single bed (109), so why the single room supplement was so excessive I don't know. The bathroom was adequate with shower, hairdryer and 2 particularly small towels. To use the safe in the room I had to pay an 8 euro deposit for it but it was next to impossible to turn the key so I gave up using it after a few days. The food in the restaurant was very good on the whole and we tried some interesting and very good Austrian wines. Our dedicated waitress was also very pleasant and helpful. We paid extra to eat in the in-house Steak House on the last night, the food was good but several drunken patrons disturbed the evening or provided entertainment depending on how you viewed it. The swimming pool was pleasant if a touch chilly and I was surprised that 2 male guests chose to get in naked! I also asked if it was possible to get bath robes, these were brought to the room, no mention of the 8 euro charge which was added to the final bill.
One of the worst features of the hotel was its position both next to and opposite a nightclub. Noisy patrons leaving at 2 or 3 in the morning were quite annoying and I wouldn't go back to this hotel for that reason. In fact people in St Anton seemed more interested in drinking than skiing, which at least meant from 9am to 11am we had the slopes virtually to ourselves.
The lack of quality waiter served mountain restaurants in St Anton was disappointing. The only 2 decent restaurants we found were the Alm Hospitz and Maienese Hotel which were both in St Christoph. St Anton was definitely only worth visiting as one off and I would be reluctant to go anywhere in Austria again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sporthotel St. Anton is located in the pedestrian zone in the center of St. Anton, only a 5-minute walk from the cable cars. The à la carte restaurant “Steakhouse” serves a wide range of culinary delights and refined wines. The spa area was completely redesigned in 2008 and features an indoor pool (5 x 10 metres), a sauna, a steam bath, a solarium, an infrared cabin and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, seekda GmbH, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sporthotel St. Anton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sporthotel St. Anton Hotel St. Anton Am Arlberg
- Sporthotel St. Anton Austria/St. Anton Am Arlberg