“Fantastic House for St. Anton”
Review of Haus Kurt Ebner

Haus Kurt Ebner
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Anton am Arlberg
Haus Kurt Ebner
Galway, Ireland
“Fantastic House for St. Anton”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I have just arrived back after spending the best family skiing holiday of my life with Herr and Frau Ebner in St. Anton. I hadn't looked at the comments before leaving and am glad that I didn't. I am dissapointed to see that one comment could be so far off the mark. I would whole-heartedly advise staying in this fantastic house. I agree that this place is not suited to someone who wants to go out and get pissed everynight - returning to upset everyone else in the building. But if you are interested in skiing and enjoying your time in St. Anton I couldn't but recommend this pension. You have to realise that if you party hard and upset everyone else in the building, cause damage to the building that your actions have effects not only on the owners of the building but to the other paying guests.
Herr Ebner (Kurt) was so welcoming to myself and my kids that I felt as if we were going to my home away from home. He is a fountain of local and skiing knowledge and only too happy to assist if asked. Frau Ebner was like a grandmother to my kids - what more can I say. We enjoyed every minute of our stay and you know how hard it can be to keep kids happy. The apartment was warm, extremely clean and well appointed. I had been in St. Anton some weeks earlier on a boys week skiing and was even able to leave my gear in Haus Ebner until my return - no fees, no questions, no rubbish. I only hope that we can rebook for next year. Not only I, but my kids really want to return to Nasserein and stay at our home away from home.

Room Tip: For reasonable people not party animals
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JohnMcDonnell

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ireland
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Contrary to the goofy reviews, this is a great little pensione!
Kurt and Kristine Ebner are right out of "central casting" as Austrian inn keepers.
They were super nice and helpful to us, including advice on where the best skiing is.
You need to get into a chat with Kurt about his life - a VERY interesting guy - could write a book about he and his family.

If you want to stay up drinking to the wee hours - go else where.

If you want a quiet place with a great location (50 meters from Nasserein Lift) - this is it.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank jes1000
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I've read all bad comments about this hotel and after spending a week at this place I can just say the opposit things. Ebner is a nice familiar couple who does everything to make your stay enjoyable!
When we arrived they nicely gave us info and all help we needed to feel comfortable. The room we had was a cosi bedroom with a shower and a sink. The toilet where just outside our room and that was also in a luxury style like everything else!

The breakfast in the mainroom was a great experience and had everything you needed to spend a whole day in the slopes!

All I can tell is that if you are mature and know how to act like a human then you get the same response!
If you are a gang of gangsters and just want to trash rooms this isn't the right choice, honestly..who or what hotel accept visitors who doesn't listen to the main rules or doesn't behave?

This Pension is a top of the line place!

Great location, breakfast, hosts, rooms, service

I give this hotel 9/10 stars!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
St. Anton am Arlberg, Austria
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Horrible house Mr Ebner is a man of total control. He should be delisted from ST Anton travel agency immeditely.
House of horror is agreed to. Checking everthing, insulting and a really true luna.

Room Tip: Check with St Anton travel ageny or trip advisor
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank ramss

Travellers are raving about these St. Anton am Arlberg hotels

Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 5 February 2011

Just returened from 10 days stay in this "guest-house". Me and my friend paid 140 euro per day (70 each) for a room with old TV and no internet access in one of the wierdest hotels I've ever been. Ebner's are old couple owning this place and apparantly they have list of strict rules that doesnt appear on their website. Probably they treat visitors as their children. One isn't allowed to (see attachment):
- invite guests to room
- order take away food
- boil tea
etc.
Every move you make is controlled - they hear and watch. They will clean your room either you want it or not (if you want to sleep it's your problem). "True house of horror" - like previous reviewer mentioned. DONT GO THERE!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Whitenin
Stockholm
Reviewed 7 March 2010

We had to call the police to be able to get out of the worst hotel in history. It's truly a house of horror. Mr Ebner was watching you when you left the hotel like a hawk. They allways had the door to their room open to hear you when you entered the hotel. This is absolutely the worst hotel I've ever stayed at!! Don't ever go there unless you want to be treated lilke a pig! AVOID AT ALL COST!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
9 Thank Chagge
Johannesburg
Reviewed 22 January 2010

We have just recently spent another very friendly and enjoyable week staying at the HAus Kurt Ebner in St Anton. Both Kurt and Christina Ebner were their usual very friendly and helpful selves. Once again they made us feel right at home, and nothing was too difficult for them to do for us.

I can and would HIGHLY recommend Haus Kurt Ebner to anyone.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family