“Wonderful location, great hosts”
Review of Haus Kurt Ebner

Haus Kurt Ebner
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Anton am Arlberg
Haus Kurt Ebner
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Yes, this is a pretty quiet place to stay. There are a few "house rules", but they make sense (don't wear dirty shoes around the house, leave your key in the house during the day for cleaning, and don't bring in a bunch of smelly take-out food to eat in the room late at night). This is not a party location, but if you're a reasonable person/group looking for a comfortable, quiet place to base your adventure in St. Anton, this fits the bill. You want to stay out late drinking, wake everyone up on your way home in the wee hours of the morning (I was once one of those folks, then I grew up) - stay elsewhere.

The location is perfect. As others have said - 50 meters to the Nassereinbahn and about an 8 minute walk to the town center. Again, away from all of the noise if you're into that sort of thing)

I've stayed in five different places over the past ten years in St. Anton, and each has tradeoffs. If location (close to lift, quick walk to town), peace and quiet are your thing, this is the place. Note, too, that the breakfast here was essentially the same variety as every other place I've stayed, so I'm not sure what some of the other reviewers were expecting.

The Ebners were very friendly and took an interest in my day and my trip. They were gracious, caring, and helpful hosts. If you want to stay at a place where you never see the owners, again, this is the wrong place. If you'd like to spend a few minutes each day chatting with the other guests and the owners over breakfast or on your way back from the slopes, this is it. Price was very good too…

I would stay here again any time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Haus Kurt Ebner

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Worst hospitality experience ever bar none. I'm not a regular Trip Advisor user and never thought to check up before I went. The other terrible reviews are all spot on.
Let's just say that Kurt and Christine might be better suited to numerous other careers and not running a b&b. I probably wouldn't be allowed post my true thoughts on what would be most suitable!
Our ground floor room was actually a cellar with no windows. It was also less than 10 sq m for a triple room.
Everywhere else on check out day I have been allowed to leave my bags and come back for a shower - not necessarily in my own room but somewhere in the facility. Not so here; they wouldn't even let us leave the car in the car park, even though it had only one other car.
Do your self a favour and don't go on holidays at all rather than stay here, or if you have to, bring a tent. Believe me you won't be sorry.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank elzerbelzer
Reviewed 18 March 2014

One month before actual arrival we received the booking confirmation via e-mail.

Upon the day of arrival two out of 4 people kindly entered the building.
Immediately, without any reason we were told to 'GET OUT'.
In very unprofessional and unpleasant way.
"You Dutch people are all the same", was the only 'comment'.

Not the best way to start a vacation you really look forward too.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank neefherbert
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We've just come back from Sankt Anton. After 6 nights by the Ebner Family, I could say that it was just what we needed: good price, excellent location, very clean, nice breakfast. The cable car is right next to the house and you could came back at the hotel skiing. I, personally, like to go skiing from 9 AM to 3-4 PM, than have some beers with Jegermeisters at a nice bar, have an early dinner and go to bed at 9 PM. Maybe if you want to have party until the early hours this is deffinitely not your place, otherwise go there! The only thing that I missed was a small spa (at least sauna), but if you really need it go somewhere else and pay double... We didn't go to the Wellness center of Sankt Anton, but it was a 5 min. away from the hotel (18 EUR/ adult for swimming pool and sauna), it works till 10 PM. I am recommending the Ebner house to all that have my vision for a skiing holiday.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

This is a brilliant place to stay if you're looking to get the most for your money! The house is situated around 50 metres from the Nasserein lift & about an 8 min walk from the town centre. A taxi cost us between €8 & €12 to the town so the location is excellent to save money if you choose to walk!

Kurt and Christine have received terrible reviews here but I have to say they were nothing but polite to my Dad & myself. In fact, the first morning of our stay 4 night stay, my Dad broke his ankle and they treated him excellently while we went skiing for the day. Christine was very thoughtful towards him and we very much appreciated both of their hospitality towards us.

The rooms are basic like most pensions. We were in room 7 which is one of three in the basement with only a tiny bit of outside light. Room 7 & 8 also share a bathroom but this made no difference to us as the adjoining room was empty. In fact there were just 2 other people staying separately in the house when with us, both of whom were in our skiing group. So for such an ideal place to stay it was amazing how quiet it was.

If I had to be picky I would have to point out the breakfast and the pillow. I thought the breakfast was basic and the pillow too fluffy with little support, but they're both just personal preferences I suppose.

So for €87 pp this is a brilliant little find in St. Anton and well worth a visit!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Went to St. Anton expecting a lovely skiing holiday. While St. Anton is definitively worth visiting, this place is not. Maybe if you want to go to bed at 9 you might be ok. However, there are much nicer places in St. Anton for those people wanting to ski, let alone the party people. The bad reviews here are not made up.

The forbidden list is a long and quite strange list of things you must not do. The walls are paper-thin and the owners want to monitor everything. One of the weird examples, there is a water boiler in the room, but using that is forbidden!? If you choose to ignore this, that is ok, but you have to pay fine of EUR 35. We chose to boil water in the kettle instead, which was perfectly fine..

In the future, even if this would be the only alternative in the whole country, I will rather sleep in a car. Maybe this explains the cheap room price.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank ABCTraveller4631
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We were on a skiing trip, for which the location is nice, very close to the lift. House itself ok, enough room for 4 persons in our apartment.

However, the owner is a true control freak! There are also strange rules of not bringing guests and obeying absolute silence. One day the owner rushed in to our room with no prior warning or even knocking on the door. You can keep skis in the garage, and there is a dryer for ski boots, that is however in use maybe 2 hrs a day despite all the ads. So all kinds of minor and major issues.

Probably suitable for families, if the children are quiet. Not for those going out to town any later than 9 pm.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends