“Nicely run B&B in my opinion”
Review of Hotel Garni Granat

Hotel Garni Granat
Hotel Garni Granat
Ranked #10 of 157 Solden B&B and Inns
Brussels, Belgium
“Nicely run B&B in my opinion”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed in 2 double rooms (ours and the 2 teenagers with our dog). The beds and duvets were fantastic, could have stayed in bed all day. A beautiful bathroom, very nice and luxurious. They have a bag with two towels in each room to use for the sauna/swimming pool across the street, which I find very thoughtful. The hotel is not, as you would expect from the pictures I saw on booking.com, in the midst of green pastures, but in the middle of the city center amongst other buildings and hotels. That was puzzling to me, I guess it depends on the angle they shot the picture from. The breakfast buffet is sufficient in breads/cheeses/preserves etc, but I did expect more from all the raving reviews I read earlier. I missed more fresh fruit (it was scarce on the buffet). On one day (Friday 15.08 was a public holiday) we had reheated rolls from the day before, I guess the bakeries were closed. The owner of the hotel/receptionist, Mrs Karoline, is a very kind, gentle and thoughtful lady, a pleasure to meet and talk with. She is very welcoming and makes everything right. Her English is quite good though I spoke German with her. I appreciated the little newsletter we got every morning on our breakfast table with the weather forecast, tips on what to do that day etc. The bar Nanu was a bit a disappointment, it smelled badly of cigarettes everywhere (also in the no-smoking part) and it is a bit worn-out, not so nice to go for ambiance. Because of the bad weather during our week here, it would have been nice to have a place in the hotel for coffee, tea or drinks but the hotel does not offer this, and the bar only opens from 19h00 so that is a bit of a pity. One thing more : every single day at 06 am (06h00) in the morning, the church bells will ring loud and long. We slept with our window open so that was a wake-up call !!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Hebrew first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We were there several times over the 12 years at least and each time we get the best service, nice and clean rooms, well equipped. The breakfast is good. Part of the service is to enter the nearby arena with a nice pool and sauna.

Room Tip: There is a bar on the first floor where you hear music, have a drink and ice cream. All the rooms ar...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Nowa Iwiczna
Reviewed 3 February 2014

A cosy hotel in a well known ski resort in the Alps. Located near the main street, on the other bank of the river. It separates facility from a relatively noisy road. Ca 400 m to the nearest ski lift, and no more than 100 m from the end of ski slope - so you don't need a ski bus at all. A friendly and supportive staff. Relatively reach breakfast. A lot of nice restaurants, bars and shops in the immediate area. One disadvantage: a small garage in the basement requests an advanced navigation skills to park a car in it. If you drive a bigger car I suggest to leave it outside on a private park lot. Hotel deserves 4 stars.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ryszard B
Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I booked the hotel via a booking website and it is the only hotel that has sent a personal confirmation. This said to me that the owner cared about looking after its customers.

On arrival, the young lady on reception gave us a thorough explanation of everything. The hotel immediately gives you a warm welcoming feeling. We had a room with a balcony overlooking Glaislachkogl. Our bathroom was extremely new and fantastic and our room was very comfortable. We loved the exxtensive and beautifully presented breakfast selection and the breakfast room was very homely. Every morning there is a newsletter on your breakfast table giving you information about events, the weather, sightseeing, organised walks etc. The hotel is in walking distance of everything so very convenient.

We used the underground garage and you can enter the hotel from inside the garage straight into the lift making everything very convenient. Hotel guests have free use of the swimming pool and facilities immediately opposite the hotel. In your room you will find a bag and towels you can take to the pool. I thought this was such a great idea. Wi fi worked in our room with no problem.

We found the bar very quiet at night with little atmosphere but maybe it was because it was out of season. We ate at the restaurant next door with the bull outside and can recommend it. You can choose to sit in the smoking or non smoking area. The menu had a great selection and meals were very well presented with good portion sizes. Service was friendly.

I can recommend booking Garni Granat direct with the hotel instead of using booking sites.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank HarleyDavidson1966
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We booked the hotel through our tour operator and didnt regret it a bit. The hotel is situated like 3-4 minutes of easy walk from the main lift ( some 200 meters ). Also its really close to the Arena complex ( thats why we boked it eventually) and when i mean close - i mean right next door.
The hotel itself has a cafe inside but it only serves deserts, coffee and beer while less then 10 meters from the front door there is a great authentic Austrian cousine restaurant with a great bull in front which serves regular and sometimes tasty austrian food. The atmosphere there is pretty good so its worth visiting once.
The room was totally ok - clean and roomy enough to fit for two persons, the amenities were more then ok - clean and looked new. The room had a very veru nice balcony - you could see the mountains right from it and smell the the snow outside.
The food was fresh and versatile but all the same each morning. We are not to picky about food as long as it tastes good and fresh - we are fine with it.
The staff was more then pleasant and helped us with everything they could - ticket bookings, info, you name it, even got us a nice breakfast for the road on the day of our leaving.
Forgot to say that the price was ok too, dont remember exactly but fitted right for our budget. Whoever likes music - Snow rock cafe - about 3 minutes easy walk and fire and ice club - like 2 minutes walk. Every time you go somewhere from the hotel you cross a bridge and see this beautiful alpine river with crystal clear water and blocks of snow and ice inside...

I would definately recommend this hotel when staying in Solden

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Romania
Reviewed 22 February 2008

We have spent last week skiing in Solden and stayed at the Hotel Garni Granat.
First, Solden was great as a skiing location, slopes are high enough to have good snow and the services both on the slopes and in the resort are very good so we would highly recommend Solden as a skiing destination.
The Hotel Granat is very centrally located, 5 minutes walk to one of the main cable cars and 5 minutes bus ride to the other (ski buses drive regularly and are free of charge). It is also located just across the street from the Freizeit Arena - pool, saunas, gym - which is great after a day of skiing. Entrance to the Freizeit Arena is included in the room rate.
They only serve breakfast which is good and quite varied but you get bored after one week (which I think is the case with most hotels).
Toiletries in the bathroom are very limited so make sure you bring your own.
They have their own underground parking if you drive there and a room to store your skis and boots.
The location is very quiet - not very near to any lively bars or apres ski party locations. We appreciated this very much.
Rooms have a balcony (at least on the second floor, I cannot say about the others) and some rooms have a very nice view on the highest mountain in the region (ours was 213 and the view was great).
The staff is very friendly and speaks English.
The hotel says it is a 4 stars which is a little too much - I would say more a good 3 stars.
All in all, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank vacante
Arad
Reviewed 31 August 2007

I stayed at the hotel during my ski vacation.
I loved it very much.
The service is very good. Caroline, the owner, is so nice! She did everything well, and even beyond her duties.
The rooms are nice and comfortable. Very clean.
Breakfast were quite good with a large variety.

The great BONUS was a free entrance to the nearby swimming pool, which had the best sauna I've ever been to!

• Liked — The hotel owner.
  • Disliked — I spent 3 minutes thinking about something I didn't like, and nothing came up.
  • Stayed December 2005, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank supafly_ky