Muir Lodge Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Martinez)
Clarion Hotel(Concord)
  • Pool
Pleasant Hill Inn(Pleasant Hill)
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsjohn muirnational monumentplace to stayneon signcomfortable bedclose to downtownnext morningnon smokingin room coffeenice breakfaststayed one nightstreet noisesan franciscomicrowavefreewayearplugsconcord
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We spent 3 night here, renting a car from Enterprise up the street. It was a good location to visit Napa Valley, San Francisco and Marin County, without paying twice as much in Emeryville or other areas closer to SF. Arriving by a very late Amtrak train, the staff was waiting for us.
An older property but well maintained and very, very new room interiors, With the tile work, etc, the bathroom looked brand new.

Room Tip: You might want to stay away from the end near the very busy Alhambra Ave.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank aldahal
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed for one night in June, and we had a lovely time. The owners/desk clerks were friendly and even allowed our granddaughter to pick the plums on the tree out front. The room was comfortable and we enjoyed our stay

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I needed a quality local motel to stay at just for the night and decided on the Muir Lodge Motel, while my new hardwood floors cured a bit at my home.. Being a resident of Martinez, I have driven by the Muir Lodge many times over the years. It's appearance is always very spiffy with a parking lot that always has cars parked in it (doing lots of business). The motel's local reputation is outstanding and my wife and I were not dissappointed. The room was spacious, absolutely clean, with a bed that was outstanding. I have travelled for business weekly for 30 years and I know hotels and motels very well. This one is a winner providing excellent value.

Room Tip: If you are passing through for the night, go to either Devinos for Italian or Mr. Lucky's for pub food, I like the salads and the calamari steak
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank harr0007
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We recently went back to Martinez to participate in a car show and were impressed with the appearance inside and out of the Muir Lodge Motel. Nicely refurbished, nice and clean, and reasonably priced. We couldn't operate the television, but it was late and we didn't bother asking for help. A written instruction card would be helpful, if that would be possible. Very nice also because it was just up the street from the car show.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Amidst the, "Super 8's" , "Motel 6's" & "Americas Best? Value's" And other examples of Motel Mediocrity, I happened across this little gem, a " Rose in a clover - garden ... "
Muir Lodge Motel, is charming, clean -quaint & reasonably priced. Being unfamiliar w/their Dish Network, I simply picked-up the phone and asked for assistance. The manager actually came to my room and took the time to explain everything. It worked perfectly, all I had to do was ASK for help & he was there!
Thanks to the staff of Muir Lodge for a most pleasant stay!
Joe Scott