- Older, 50's style roadside motel that doesn't pretend to be anything it isn't. Small, easy to find, easy to park, no fuss. Not luxurious, but neat and clean.
- No silly add-on charges. Wifi included, with password volunteered at check-in.
- Smallish but comfortable room, nice decor.
- Large bathroom; coffeemaker, minifridge, microwave & breakfast pastries.
- Short drive to downtown area. Easy freeway access. There was road noise, but it didn't keep us awake.
- On check-in, they wanted to record my driver's license number (not my license plate, or make/model of car) "for the folio". I refused, and we argued politely for a few minutes. I prevailed, but this should never have been asked.
- Room was non-smoking, but there are chairs and ashtrays set right next to each wall a/c unit outside. So the smoke gets drawn back into your room and it smells of smoke anyway.
- Pool is right next to the main road. I wouldn't want to swim there.
- The luggage closet is a black hole desperately in need of a lightbulb.
I wouldn't want to make a long visit, but for a stopover it met our needs.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Muir Lodge Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.