“Getting better. Quite good now.”

Creek Monkey Tap Room
Ranked #9 of 98 Restaurants in Martinez
Cuisines: Argentinian
Description: This is a relatively new Beer Pub that was opened in June 2011. My wife and I had lunch there and want to recommend it to others
Reviewed 4 June 2014

In my ratings 3=meets expectations. 4=exceeds, 5= blown away. I rarely give 5. Expectations are based on experience with similar establishments at similar price point.
I've been here maybe a dozen times since it opened and I can finally recommend this place wholeheartedly.
Beer selection has always been good, with a heavy emphasis on fairly local stuff. They're serving their own brew now, as well. The IPA is quite competent.
The service has always been at least OK, and usually quite good.
It's been the food that has given me pause, especially early on. Now, they serve a FINE DANGED burger. I fancy myself a bit of an authority on the subject. Juicy tasty chunk of meat, with just the right proportion of bun and other stuff. I can recommend the fish and chips.

There are newer reviews for Creek Monkey Tap Room

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Bartender friendly and very helpful. Great Porter on draft. Great Calamari rings, I oreder heavy tenicales and actually got them, , we had 2 orders, & Split a Wedge salid, it , would have been way 2 much for one person.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Went with my husband and daughters to sample some unique beers with appetizers. Beer and food were great a little pricey to other places but worth it to go.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The food was bad, the service was worse. Took out of town guests there and we were very embarrassed!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

pretty good beer selections, average pub grub for food. noisy inside but the patio out pack is pleasant in good weather.