“Great Food & Service”

Sunflower Garden
Ranked #18 of 104 Restaurants in Martinez
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Whether it's take out or dining there, the food and service is wonderful. I took note of the excellent cleanliness as every part of the tables & chairs were being cleaned while I was waiting for my order. The quality and taste of the food is outstanding and has earned my repeat business plus of my family and friends. I can't think of a single negative thing or experience.
It's only a block from the Martinez Marina so take a stroll in the park after the meal .. enjoy!

1  Thank RossRuss

Reviewed 16 May 2012

This is my favorite restaurant in the Martinez area. My family and I enjoy every visit! The food is excellent, I've never been disappointed with any dish we've eaten (and we've ordered almost everything on the menu)! All of the sauces are freshly made and are rich in flavor, with a depth of flavor that is very palate pleasing. When you visit I recommend you try the Wor Wonton Soup, Honey Walnut Prawns, Chicken (or Vegetable) MooShu, Happy Family and the Buddah's Feast.
The dining experience is enhanced by the friendly and gracious staff! Also, another plus, at their new location, they offer an outstanding banquet for an intimate family/business event.

1  Thank debra c
Reviewed 30 April 2010

We love eating here!! All of the food is terrific ESpecially the potstickers. We've tried almost everything and favorites include mu shoo pork, honey walnut prawn, cashew chicken & mongolian beef. The staff is AWESOME and super friendly. The service is really quick and we usually run into someone we know there.

2  Thank daviecheryl
Reviewed 2 October 2006

We were greeted and seated right away. Our orders were taken right away. The resturant was pretty packed considering it was in out-of-the-way downtown Martinez.

Egg rolls were good - not greasy at all. Lemon Chicken was completely average, as was the chef's special rice. The beef chow fun was inedible. The beef was ALL grisle. After four tries, I gave up. I explained the problem twice, once to a woman and once to a man. Both seemed to acknowledge the problem but neither made an effort to assist me. Then they came by and asked how everything was. I again explained the problem. Again, no assistance. I was very surprised to see that they chaged me for the beef chow fun when the bill came. I stopped the male waiter and said, "The Beef was inedible. You shouldn't charge me for it." He took the bill and removed $6.00 from it. The beef was $7. I then tried adding up the check to confirm that I had been billed right. I had decided not to argue over the $1. No matter what I tried, I couldn't make that check balance. I gave up and estimated what the bill should be, and they had come pretty close, however they calculated it. Obviously they didn't get a tip. Very dissapointing. Oh, please note the notice on the door that says the building they are in isn't earthquake safe. Scary!

A TripAdvisor Member
martinez, ca
Reviewed 25 June 2006

Sunflower garden has great tasting fresh food that doesn't have the greasy quality Chinese food can sometimes have. The staff is friendly and food is served hot and in a timely manner. Highly recommended!

Been to Sunflower Garden? Share your experiences!