“Good localized hotel with perfect food and kind staff”

Alpenhof Hotel Semmering
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Semmering
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Good localized hotel with perfect food and kind staff”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I appreciated nice view from the hotel's pool and the early opening hours of the pool. So I could swim before the breakfast. The suppers were very good and I enjoyed the desserts there, especially Mohr im hemd. The best Mohr im hemd I have ever eatnen.
The rooms were clean and spacious enough. There was a playground and a trampoline in front of the hotel.....our daughter spent some time there and she enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank joja j

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I spend weekend with my family in this cosy hotel in September. Hotel itself is kind of in the middle of nowhere but that was not a big problem as we came by car. We were accommodated in 2 adjoining rooms with balconies and beautiful views. Rooms were spacious, likewise the bathrooms. Bed very comfortable and hotel s pool was a little bonus. Also breakfast and dinner were absolutely delicious, selection of food was wide and everyone found what they liked. I really dont understanding people who complained there was absolutely nothing to fault, we enjoyed our stay very much and came back home relaxed as intended to do. Only wifi in the bedroom would be very useful other than that our stay was very pleasant.

Room Tip: ask for the room in the front side, there are some nice views from the balcony overlooking the valle...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Beets_01
Arizona
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My personal experience with this hotel was limited to prepaying bottles of champagne for friends staying there. I made the arrangements by email. My emails were answered quickly, courteously, and professionally. I was able to surprise my friends with a couple bottles of champagne delivered to their table during Christmas dinner. My charge card wasn't charged until AFTER the bottles were delivered. I liked that.

My friends reported afterwards that the hotel was excellent in all respects. They plan to return next year.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank zlato
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed only one night. I apparently arrived half an hour before the official check in time which was met by much eye rolling and huffing by the surly female receptionist. Literally everything I asked was too much of a problem, staggeringly poor customer relations compared with nearly everywhere else in Austria! My room was tired and a little depressing, although on the upside there was a nice balcony with lovely views. The hotel is located in the middle of nowhere and the road is not suitable for a walk into town. Coach parties seemed to be the most popular guests. I went around the hotel exploring and found most of it to be dark and quite bleak, especially the 'fitness area' which consisted of three low quality cv machines in a corridor. The pool was also a little sad and uninviting. Regardless of cost this was way too bleak for me.

• Stayed June 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 7 July 2012

To be frank I do not understand the below reviews. We were in this hotel for a week and were fully satisfied (my husband, 2 children and me...). We will go back next summer.

Advantages:
- my children were really happy there (children playground, swimming pool - water 29 C, lot of children in their age, so they were able to find friends very fast)
- from my point of view the food was OK, not a five * in Turkey of cause, but you can choose, it was repetitive, but we stayed there 6 nights and were able to choose everyday,
- beautiful view to the scenery,
- friendly staff (all of them Slovak or Czech, most of them speaking also Hungarian...),
- possibility to make a lot of trips.

Disadvantages:
- from my point of view the cleanliness in the hotel (f.e. the hairdryer in swimming pool was so dirty that I was not able to use it... fortunately there was another one, much more cleaner...)
- no cooking during the day (you can eat only mornings and evenings...)
- very small rooms.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank seeloverSlovakia
Dublin
Reviewed 14 February 2012

The staff are v grumpy with the exception of the man who drives the courtesy bus who is very accommodating. The rest of the staff need serious training in basic manners and hospitality. Food is average and staff seem intent on turning over the tables so if you don't pay full attention, your plate will be taken away before you are finished!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank agceltic
london
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed here in August as we were going to a wedding. Finding the hotel via GP in the dark was a task eventually we saw the sign. We arrived late (11.30pm) and they were closed as we knocked until we were tired as we couldn't get a signal there. We did tell them we might be late and they said to phone 10mins before. We eventually checked in and that went well. The room was basic but clean and was OK for the two nights we needed it. It was nothing special but the reception staff was very helpful. Hotel located where there were some breath taking views of Austria. Supermarket is about 5mins drive to the town so overall not bad for a stop over.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fourandfivestar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Semmering
Sporthotel am Semmering
#2 of 12 in Semmering
Wellness-Ferien-Seminarhotel Raxalpenhof
Wellness-Ferien-Seminarhotel Rax...
#2 of 9 in Reichenau an der Rax

Been to Alpenhof Hotel Semmering? Share your experiences!