“Great for a light meal”

Tearoom 't Bretoentje
Ranked #9 of 58 Restaurants in Westende
Cuisines: Belgian
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Called here a couple of times during our stay in Westende and tried the Belegte Brotje. Baguette in French, freshly made with your choice of fillings. value for money with quick friendly service even though most tables were occupied. If you just fancy a snack this is the place to go with a seaview over the promenade and beach. If it's hot and sunny, which it wasn't when we visited, there is seating outside on the promenade.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited here a few times and really enjoyed the food and service. We had ‘brunch’ here three times I think. They do lovely fresh baguettes (called sandwiches) with so many different options of fillings etc. Also their waffles and crepes were really tasty!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Located overlooking the promenade at Westende Bad, this one of the few establishments to be open low season at lunchtime. A menu in English was available on request. A wide variety of sandwiches were available as well as variations on croque monsieur. The accompanying salad with the latter arrived covered with rather too much mayonnaise for my own personal taste. Nibbles were served with your drink while you waited for you meal. The toilets are not suitable for those with mobility problems – they are down a narrow twisting staircase at the back of the restaurant

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

I have been here with my parents in May 2017. The waitress was very nice and even asked us if she could bring water for our small dog.
The waffel with ice was reeeeaaaly tasty
The coffee is a cappuccino italiano which was tasty, too!

Reviewed 31 August 2014

This used to be a favourite of ours but based on our experience this week I can only rate this tearoom as poor due to the service. We visited twice and thought the first time was just a glitch but our second visit confirmed the impression that things have changed.Every time we wanted service it was an effort to gain the attention of the waiter, we got the impression we were not welcome as others were served before us.The man who served us was brusque and unfriendly , when paying we didn't even get a 'thank you ' . We like to give generous tips but as a result of the service we didn't leave anything and will not be returning. This is not typical of the service we have received in Belgium, this is so disappointing as I do not like to write negative reviews.

1  Thank Lorelei3