“sad sad sad ... I shoulda”
Review of The Rib Co.

The Rib Co.
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
MICHIGAN
“sad sad sad ... I shoulda”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

got the dry rub ribs like my son did! They were OUTSTANDING ribs ($15.99 1/2 slab w/2 sides). We've eaten lots of ribs around the country --- and have an incredible smoker and finally quit eating ribs out because I can make 'em better for cheaper than restaurants. Was in 29Palms spending time with my US Marine son and we ate here since it was close to base. MUCH impressed by the dry rub baby back ribs. Tender, crazy smoky flavor, and great rub! They finish the ribs off on the grill out front of the place (seriously??? who the heck GRILLS outside when it's 110 Degrees ??? ). My other son and I both got the Brisket sandwich ($9.50 each) ... pretty good sandwich - sauce was just ok in my book (I am obsessed with sauce - eat it like SOUP when I have BBQ). The hero was the ribs. Corn muffin was ugh - Jiffy Corn Muffin mix is waaaayyy better.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank HAYDEVIN

Palm Springs CA
“Best ribs we have had in ages.”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great ribs in an informal atmosphere and a wonderful friendly server Heidi...everything homemade including the ample peach cobbler..

• Visited June 2014
Southern USA
“A tasty surprise!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We were traveling thru on stopped for the night in Twentynine Palms. Having had a big lunch, we decided to try a beer and nice appetizer rather than a big dinner. The Rib Co. surprisingly fit the bill for us. The server was a super nice lady. She fixed up right up with a nice cold beer and guided us on our order. We had the stuffed jalapenos, hot off the grill and stuffed with cheese and bacon. Delicious!! Well, while we ate, the next table ordered peach cobbler with ice cream and we happened to catch the wonderful smell as it was served. So we splurged with the most wonderful dessert of our trip. The serving was huge and it was as good as it looked. Fresh, hot out of the oven and with a big scoop of ice cream. The Rib Co. was a great surprise, great food and wonderful service.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank GAWanderer
Los Angeles, California
“Good Ribs”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

There are not many restaurant choices in Twentynine Palms on Monday, so we gave the Rib Company a try. The ribs were fine - tender but a little dry. The Triple Threat sauce option had more complexity than the other choices. The coleslaw was quite good, crisp and fresh. Beans seemed canned; corn muffins inedible - flabby and bland. The atmosphere is similar to a fast food restaurant and service was brisk to the point of being comical. The beer was nice and cold but the wine was, sadly, warm.

• Visited May 2014
Pa
“Don't judge a book by its cover”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is one of the best BBQ places in which I've eaten. It is also a testimony to the value of Tripadvisor, as the restaurant would not attract passerby business unless you already knew the reviews. Almost we had was excellent. The pulled pork sandwich was the best I've had at a restaurant. The coleslaw is homemade and very flavorful. We had both the standard and the dry rub ribs. We all preferred the dry rub, as they were tastier and much meatier. The only sour note was the BBQ beans, which were just OK. The service is great (thanks, Jen), and the ambiance is friendly. We liked it so much we went back a second time.

• Visited March 2014