“Charm, comfort and warmth”
Review of Campbell House

Campbell House
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Twentynine Palms
Reviewed 31 October 2007

My husband booked our room since he wanted to visit Joshua Tree NP. I can be very fussy and was somewhat concerned upon first arriving in 29 Palms. Was I in for a delightful surprise!!
Our room was elegant, yet warm and comfortable. The grounds are absolutely lovely. The hosts make you feel as though you are family. To top it off, breakfast was a treat. We would highly recommend Roughley Manor to the fussiest of travelers without any hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TLR03

Reviewed 18 October 2007

WOW - stayed here after doing joshua tree NP - blows away anything else in 29 palms -- what a room (especially since it looks like nothing from the outside) -- great breakfast, great folks -- nice piece of property -- especially since 29 palms seems a little rough around the edges -- this was a great retreat away from the highway and the environs

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joisey-joe
Reviewed 13 September 2007

The grounds are extensive and lovely, the rooms are beautifully, tastefully furnished, and cushy comfortable too. The hosts are just the best. They made me feel like a cherished friend. The breakfasts were varied and tasty. This is as good as a bed & breakfast gets!

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank siscat
Reviewed 7 September 2007

We discovered Roughley Manor in Twentynine Palms, CA quite by accident after seeing an ad in a local magazine. When we drove out and found it, we were absolutely amazed. The accommodations were fabulous, the breakfasts were the best we've ever had anywhere, and the owners are two of the most hospitable and generous people you will ever meet. We were in Twentynine Palms to visit our son, who is stationed there with the Marines, before his deployment Sept. 15th. Discovering Jan and Gary's Roughley Manor just "made" our weekend. We were able to relax around the pool with our son and daughter-in-law, and totally enjoy ourselves---even forgetting sometimes the purpose of our visit. We rate Roughley Manor and the owners
Five-Star!
Joyce and Bill

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed 26 August 2007

I travel to 29 palms several times a year for business and usually stay at places like the Holiday Inn Express which are just fine for me. Full booking at the usual spots caused me to search for new lodgings and I came across the Roughley Manor.

I sure am glad I did! I had no idea a place as elegant but at the same time laid back existed in 29 palms. The hosts are very friendly and the breakfasts are amazing. For the three mornings I ate breakfast there, I had peach french toast, an egg and bacon pastry and a very nice quiche. All very tasty.

I was afraid a place as cute as this would have none of the high tech services I needed but they were all there: wireless internet, directTV and even a huge selection of VHS movies to select from in the main house.

I stayed in the "Pinto" room which is a stone building. The room was very comfortable and had everything I needed to feel right at home. I called my wife to say how much I wished I had brought her along (we're long due to stay at a B&B together) and wished I had a camera to take pictures.

There are gardens and benches scattered amongst the palm trees on the property that invite you to sit and enjoy the sound of the water fountains. Often I saw binoculars on the tables for bird watching.

Anyhow, I can't wait to go back! Thanks for making my stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 21 June 2007

We stayed 3 nights at the Roughley Manor and cannot wait to get back. The breakfasts served were extraordinary and got the day off to a great start. We toured Joshua Tree National park and saw the beauty of the California high desert during the day and then had dinner at the various restaurants in 29 Palms in the evening. The Inn and the property are magnificent and all the rooms are well appointed with fireplaces or other unusual touches. The Inn has a colorful history and the hosts (the Peters) have done an excellent job of bringing that history to life. We found the place by accident and are very glad we did. We are looking forward to our next trip out to the California desert.

Stayed: January 2007
Reviewed 16 June 2007

We just spent three nights at the Roughley Manor - and can say without reservation that it was an incredible experience that we would reccommend to any and all adults looking to be treated to five star service.

We were welcomed most warmly by Owners Gary and Jan Peters, they were a wealth of information about this historic B&B. Each suite was beautifully furnished with a stylish combination of new and antique furniture. We enjoyed our down comforted bed immensely.

The breakfasts were straight out of "Country Living" and worthy of the trip itself.

For a desert hideway it was a tranquil oasis complete with fountains, a pool and jacuzzi. Choices of lodging included bungalos or suites in the main house.

We highly reccommend the Roughley Manor.

www.roughleymanor.com

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TexasDoglovers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Twentynine Palms
4 mi away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynine Palms-Joshua Tree National Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynin...
#2 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Best Western Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park
Best Western Gardens Hotel at Jo...
#3 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel - Joshua Tree National Park
Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel - ...
#8 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Twentynine Palms- Joshua Tree
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Twe...
#6 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
9 Palms Inn
9 Palms Inn
#10 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Best Western Joshua Tree Hotel & Suites

Been to Campbell House? Share your experiences!