Campbell House
US$87
US$88
US$80
RodewayInn
Harmony Motel(Twentynine Palms)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$93
US$61
Motel 6 Twentynine Palms(Twentynine Palms)
US$66
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$104
9 Palms Inn(Twentynine Palms)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$72
US$106
Fairfield Inn
El Rancho Dolores Motel(Twentynine Palms)
US$87
  • Pool
US$92
US$86
Agoda.com
  • Free Internet
All reviewsthe main houseroughly manorbed and breakfastbreakfast was deliciousmuseum roomfrench toasttrue oasisjoshua tree national parklovely oasisbeautiful groundsstone housesunrise rooman oasis in the deserthomemade cookiesquichegreat roomplace to stay
Reviewed 7 April 2006

I recently held a rehearsal dinner for my desert wedding at the Roughley Manor. Jan and Gary were incredibly easy to work with and they went out of their way to be accommodating. In fact, we had people arrive really late, and as a result, Gary and Jan let us begin late which was really flexible of them. You can tell that they really want to please their clients and that they take great pride in what they are doing-- as they should, as they do an amazing job.

My fiance and I stayed in the Oaais room the night before the rehearsal dinner and it was super comfortable and luxurious. We enjoyed the amazing bed and the chairs with throws as well as the really nice shower and carpeting. And the breakfast the next morning was really wonderful-- fresh fruit and mint with pecan french toast and fresh juice, among other things.

The property is really unique with newly born owlettes (and binoculars to watch them), a lovely pool and hot tub, a great sitting room, and a fabulous dog to pet.

Gary was formerly in the military and you can tell that both Jan and Gary are very involved in the community of 29 Palms and that they really care about what happens on the base, how it affects their guests (some of which happen to be there because of having children or spouses in the military), and in general, they try to be supportive and nuturing hosts to all.

I really was touched by their warmth and sincerity and recommend this inn to everyone.

Thanks Gary and Jan!

Monrovia, CA
Reviewed 27 March 2006

My family and I went for a night to attend a wedding. This is one of the best places I've ever stayed. I just loved it! We stayed in the Farmhouse, and it was absolutely wonderful! I wish we could've stayed longer. The hosts were incredibly nice and loved to share the history of the manor. Unfortunately we missed out on the breakfast, but we just loved it and are planning go back!

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 March 2006

I just spent ten days at the Roughly Manor. The only word I can think of to describe my experience is OUTSTANDING. The Hosts Jan and Gary Peters (Amanda too) are wonderful. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, furnished with lovely antiques. I wish my wife could have joined me on this trip in order to enjoy the truely romantic setting.

Breakfasts are VERY enjoyable with good variety. Tea and dessert is served nightly.

My only complaint is I couldn't stay longer. Next time I am in 29 Palms....

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled on business
Woodland Hills, CA
Reviewed 12 March 2006

We visit Joshua Tree fairly regularly and had been staying in Yucca Valley. However, dissatisfaction with new management at our favorite hotel made us look further afield.
By luck, we decided to try Roughley Manor and were absolutely delighted with the "Farmhouse" which was perfectly suited for the three of us (2 adults and a child). The Manor, where we had breakfast, is beautiful, well-appointed and very cozy. The hosts are welcoming and helpful, and their breakfasts are sumptuous!
Our climbing trip was snowed out - but our stay at Roughley was a wonderful, peaceful and luxurious break.
We'll definitely go back soon.

• Stayed: March 2006
Toronto, Ont.
Reviewed 9 March 2006

We enjoyed our stay at Roughley Manor in one of their suites complete with a fireplace and canopied bed.
Roughley Manor is conveniently located to Joshua Tree National Park where we went to hike in the desert.
It was great to return to the heated pool and hot tub after the long day's hike.
The breakfasts were very good and there were good restaurants closeby for dinner.
The innkeepers were very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this charming and comfortable b&b.

• Stayed: February 2006