“morning coffee” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Phoenix, Arizona
“morning coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is a delightful place, I believe it is locally own. Great coffee and muffins. Will stop there again when in town.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Wallingford, Connecticut
“I only have one regret.....that I live 3000 miles away.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I recently made a stop at Bistro Twenty Nine for dinner and I am very glad that I did. I started my dinner with a Grilled Caesar Salad. The Romaine lettuce is placed on a grill and a delicate, smoky flavor, is imparted to the lettuce. A Caesar dressing with gratings of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese contributes a wonderful flavor to the salad. Italian bread with olive oil, Balsamic vinegar and a small bowl of chopped garlic was a tasty accompaniment, as I sipped a flavorful glass of Antinori Santa Cristina red wine. For my main meal, I tried a spicy Italian Sausage Marinara served over linguini. The sauce was comparable to the best I have ever had. For dessert, I had a sinful Chocolate Pot du Creme that was so delicious I felt like licking the bowl clean. The service that I received from my waitress and staff was exemplary. I had been hiking in the desert all day, and I really appreciated that my water glass was kept full the entire evening. My waitress was pleasant and attentive to my needs. After visiting this restaurant, all I can say is, "Man that was a great meal!" Whoever was the cook in the kitchen, did an outstanding job! I just have one regret.... I live about 3000 miles away in Connecticut.

1 Thank maloney1969
Mendon, New York
“Great lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Convenient location. Good service. Had a very good lunch menu that included salads, soups, sandwiches at reasonable prices. Highly recommend the Bistro Burger that comes with great fries and the red snapper sandwich.

Visited March 2014
“Ignored”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I reserved a table for 7.30 pm this weekend on Saturday. .
Had a superb day walking in the Joshua Tree park and was looking forward to a nice diner .
Got there on time and went inside and stood there waiting, popped my head around the corner of the bar and Politely said"we have a reservation" got a I'm too busy stare and was ignored.
Waited another 5 and continued to be ignored. There was zero atmosphere.
We left. Even a polite smile to acknowledgement of my presence would have been nice
Went to the red Lotus next door. Superb

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Royalnavy22
Westminster, California
“No signature in the food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

It is Ok food. If you want to fill up your stomach with anything without taste and you're real hungry, you will eat. But if you want anything that has a signature of creation and delicate taste and fantasy you will go to Gino's Cafe. It is the only place that has great food, atmosphere and excellent service. One brother is the great chef and the other brother is great host, and they have expertise in wine. The Bistro has a big competition in the future.

• 1 of 5 bubbles