“Warm, friendly and interesting place”
Review of 29 Palms Inn

29 Palms Inn
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Join us in our relaxed, art-filled restaurant for lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch. Our menus feature fresh seafood, steaks and prime rib, pastas, salads and delicious vegetarian dishes. We take pride in baking our own sourdough bread daily, and making all of our own soups, dressings and desserts. When available, we incorporate fresh & organic fruits and vegetables from our own Faultline Farm. Dine poolside, or indoors, and enjoy live acoustic music seven nights a week. Visit our blog to see our monthly music schedules. Our restaurant seats on a first come, first serve basis. We strongly recommend calling ahead 30-40 minutes before you plan on arriving to speak with our host. We will be happy to give you an update on how busy we are, and if there is a wait list, put your name it. To keep things flowing in our small dining room, we will direct large parties of 10 or more to make arrangements with our Restaurant Manager.
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This place deserves your stopping even if you are staying elsewhere. The owner is friendly and the place is lovingly cared for by her. The restaurant uses stuff grown in their garden and the pool area was very inviting with tables to eat outside. Be sure and walk around the property and see the oasis and garden area as well as the beautiful desert flowers/wildlife.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

29 Palms Inn is one of the few restaurants in town open for dinner on Sunday and Monday. That said, I would consider the restaurant even when there are more options available. We enjoyed the casual ambiance of our poolside table - what could be better on a balmy desert evening? Our meals were fine, crisp salads and flavorful steaks, as well as a complementary birthday dessert. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the wine list, finding several well chosen and reasonably priced wines available by the glass. Service was exceptionally speedy, with our entrees arriving before we had finished our salads. We noticed the table next to us requested their orders not be put in until given the go-ahead, probably a good strategy. Timing issues aside, service was friendly and relaxed. All together, a pleasant evening.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

On a recent visit to Twenty-nine Palms, CA, I made a dinner stop at the 29 Palms Inn. For starters, I had a very good salad with crisp lettuce and cucumbers with a blue cheese dressing topping. For my main meal, I tried the spaghetti carbonara which was made with pancetta, a little onion sauteed in olive oil, and the white of an egg mixed in to the meal. The food was well prepared and tasty. For dessert, I sampled the creme brulee. The dessert was very good but the broiled sugar topping was a bit too sweet. My waitress was very competent and pleasant. If I was in this area again, I would definitely make another visit and would recommend this restaurant to my friends.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We had a lovely meal at the 29 Palms Inn on the recommendation of my partner's boss, who used to live in L.A.

We sat by the pool and enjoyed the balmy evening (giving us a little distance from the live music being played in the dining room). Service was friendly and good. I appreciated our server's suggestion to order the shrimp, although the folks at the next table did a better job describing the pasta special my partner ended up ordering.

I had a fabulous Caeser Salad with grilled shrimp, made with a cilantro dressing and tortilla croutons. The shrimp was perfectly cooked and perfectly delicious! My partner enjoyed his pasta: ravioli made with mushrooms in a red wine, spinach sauce. His side salad was very good and we both enjoyed the fresh, warm sourdough bread and glasses of California wine. Everything we were served was fresh, made with care, using excellent ingredients.

All in all––a special meal in a delightful oasis setting.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Driving up looks like a 1950's old motel and inn. The atmosphere is just that, we chose outdoor dining by the inn's pool which had a swimmer, the live music was outstanding. It was very casual dress code (shorts), I looked at the menu and was a little surprised and thought this had better be good. I ordered. Salmon which was the best I have ever had. The vegetables and salad are grow I the garden out back, the bread is homemade. After dinner was a stroll around the gardens and grounds with wine in hand. We finished up with a fresh slice of carrot cake. Great place , so unexpected, in twenty nine palms.

1  Thank 352francesm352