“Fresh selection of food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of 29 Palms Inn

29 Palms Inn
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Cuisines: Healthy, American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our relaxed, art-filled restaurant serves up exceptional meals featuring fresh seafood, steaks and prime rib, pastas, salads and delicious vegetarian dishes. All breads, dressings, soups and desserts are house made. When available we harvest seasonal fruits and vegetables from our garden and incorporate them in our dishes. We offer poolside dining, a full bar featuring wines and beer from the west coast and creative seasonal cocktails inspired by garden fresh ingredients. Enjoy live acoustic music every night of the week starting at 6:30pm.
Singapore, Singapore
“Fresh selection of food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is a small restaurant by the pool and it is apparently loved by many in the area. We could see lots of regular diners came by for their meal.
We had steak, fish, ribs and their signature clams pasta. Excellent choice and it cost us about US100 for the meal (without drinks).

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Joyce L

Los Angeles, California
“Diamond in the Rough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

In an area without a lot of intriguing culinary options, the restaurant at 29 Palms Inn delivered fresh, delicious food with excellent flavors. It is within the context of its location that this restaurant merits an excellent rating, though I don't want this qualification to discount the fact that they do genuinely deserve a high rating for providing reasonably priced, well prepared food in an unpretentious poolside setting.

The menu is concise and consists of traditional American fare including steaks, pasta and seafood selections. We started with a calamari appetizer, which while nothing extraordinary, was well cooked and a good start to our meal. We then opted for two of their dinner specials, the hoisin glazed Berkshire pork chops and what was touted as a pesto pasta with fresh vegetables from their own garden. Our initial concern that the pork chop could be dry or over dressed with the sticky sweet hoisin sauce proved unfounded as the chops were beautifully cooked and the sauce carefully applied in an appropriate portion. The pesto pasta was nothing that I would ever consider as a pesto, indeed it seemed more like a risotto (and upon noting this to our server, she admitted that several other parties had provided similar feedback), but it was nevertheless fresh, creamy and absolutely delicious. The hand picked local vegetables were perfectly cooked and lent a natural sweetness with a light crunch to this savory pasta dish. Balanced by light acidity from fresh tomatoes, I had no trouble cleaning my plate.

Bottles of wine were reasonably priced and a full bar selection of mixed drinks is offered. Live music was played poolside, so if you are seeking a quieter atmosphere to engage in conversation, you may wish to opt for an inside table. As I enjoyed the music being played and don't mind a little more boisterous conversation, I was very happy to sit outside. My partner and I even rotated our table at our server's offering, such that we could sit side by side facing the music.

As one final note, it was another highly rated restaurant's (Bistro 29's) refusal to seat us 45 minutes prior to their advertised close on a Wednesday evening that resulted in us finding 29 Palms Inn, and I am happy that we did! Thoughtfully prepared food in a comfortable atmosphere, I would come back here without question.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Geothrills
San Diego, California
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I love this place! Their food is delicious and a lot is grown in their own garden. I've gone here since I was 7 years old when it still had a fishnet on the ceiling...but it has only gotten better. Good food and service!

1 Thank Heather B
Greer, SC
“Quirky, fun spot to dine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

While this restaurant is short on ambience, it does offer fine food. My husband had salmon with a dill and sour cream sauce, and I had crab cakes and potato wedges (an entree I cobbled together from appetizers). The crab cakes were bready, but still tasty. The sourdough bread offered before the meal was delicious. The decor is funky and the seating is fairly minimal, but we would definitely go back.

• Visited May 2014
Glendale, California, United States
“Warm, friendly and interesting place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

This place deserves your stopping even if you are staying elsewhere. The owner is friendly and the place is lovingly cared for by her. The restaurant uses stuff grown in their garden and the pool area was very inviting with tables to eat outside. Be sure and walk around the property and see the oasis and garden area as well as the beautiful desert flowers/wildlife.

• Visited June 2014