We stayed there for 2 nights during the new year. The location is great, very close to both west and north entrance of the national park, and close to Denny's and Pizza Huts too.
First impression: the staff at front desk was very friendly and quickly checked me in while the kids playing board games and reading books in the spacious lounge/breakfast area. Later kids told me the staff in the lounge told them they could bring the games to the room to play, just remember to bring back to the area, very nice and friendly.
There were popcorn and juice and water near the front desk also warm and cool moist towels served. very thoughtful. During weekday 5pm - 6pm they even serve chips, fruits, hors d'oeuvres juice and can sodas. The staff in that area told kindly told me there's coffee and hot water for hot cocoa.
The rooms were clean and roomy. we were traveling with another family and both of us booked for King suites, which have 2 LCD TVs and a small living area with sofa sleeper. There was a small bar sink area at the entrance, with microwave and a cute small bottle of dishwasher. I found there were even sets of paper plates and bowls prepared in the cabinet.
The breakfast was very standard Holiday Inn Express' warm breakfast. with Egg, pancakes, biscuits and bacon, cereals, milk and yogurts, juices and coffee. Noticeable was the staffs kept refilling the items quickly. the dinning area were roomy and comfortable.
Overall, we two families were very surprised by the quality, comfort and the friendly staffs. Being frequent travelers we all decided this would be our designated hotel if we come back to Joshua Trees NP. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come stay at the Holiday Inn Express and enjoy an unforgettable experience while visiting the Joshua Tree National Park or US Marine Corps military base. Our exceptional staff is committed to making the most of your trip. You will find superbly cleaned rooms a delight to sleep in and all the great amenities most desire. In the evening, relax in our outdoor heated pool and hot tub, available year-round. Our 24 hour Fitness Center, Business Center and Laundry facilities are there for you, as well as our complimentary Hot Breakfast every morning. Our breakfast selection is packed with so many choices, including gluten-free and low calorie foods, you will be trying something different for days to come. If you are wondering where to eat or what attraction you'd like to visit next, your hosts are ready to give you great recommendations and advice. We look forward to helping you make your California desert travels unforgettably great! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, IHG, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Twentynine Palms- Joshua Tree reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites 29 Palms
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Twentynine Palms