Last week, I spent 5 nights in this Holiday Inn Express (HIE) while rock climbing and hiking in Joshua Tree NP. It worked well for me.
The hotel building is a 4-story rectangular box and all rooms are accessed via the interior with 2 elevators servicing the floors above the first. The property does have a small outdoor pool and an indoor exercise room, neither of which I used. It also has a guest laundry and a business center, and the free in-room WiFi worked well for me. Please see the hotel's web site for a description of all features, amenities and photos as most hotel web sites, especially the chains, are way better than I could do at describing everything.
Adjacent to the lobby is the large breakfast area which also serves as a lounge for guests. In addition the daily free HIE breakfast, some items are available 24 hours - coffee, tea, water, hot chocolate, oatmeal, bananas and apples. There are also a coffee/tea makers in the rooms that are stocked with the typical low quality supplies the budget chain hotels all seem to use.
When reviewing hotels such as HIE, Hampton Inn, etc., it is very hard not to repeatedly use the word typical as they tend to be mirrors of each because they are built to a formula with only minor exceptions. For me, this is actually part of the appeal as I know what I am going to get, even down to the layout of the room and the free breakfast, no matter where in the country I am staying.
I had a second floor king room away from Highway 62. It was very quiet at night. A nice feature of this HIE is that the rooms contain a small safe in the closet for valuables. Other than that, it was.........wait for it............typical HIE.
All in all, I found the staff very friendly and accommodating if I needed anything.
I can recommend this hotel and would stay here again, but would also be tempted to try the nearby Fairfield Inn just for comparison if I found myself in 29 Palms again.
As to Joshua Tree NP, it exceeded my expectations and I wish I had planned for more time here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come stay at the Holiday Inn Express and enjoy an unforgettable experience while visiting the Joshua Tree National Park or US Marine Corps military base. Our exceptional staff is committed to making the most of your trip. You will find superbly cleaned rooms a delight to sleep in and all the great amenities most desire. In the evening, relax in our outdoor heated pool and hot tub, available year-round. Our 24 hour Fitness Center, Business Center and Laundry facilities are there for you, as well as our complimentary Hot Breakfast every morning. Our breakfast selection is packed with so many choices, including gluten-free and low calorie foods, you will be trying something different for days to come. If you are wondering where to eat or what attraction you'd like to visit next, your hosts are ready to give you great recommendations and advice. We look forward to helping you make your California desert travels unforgettably great! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Twentynine Palms- Joshua Tree reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites 29 Palms
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Twentynine Palms