“Good Hotel”

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Twentynine Palms
Austin, Texas
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel does all the little things right. Enjoyed my stay clean and reasonably priced. Nice people.
A little oasis in the desert. Close to Joshua tree monument. October is a good time to go as it is not too hot. Incredible drive and hiking through Joshua Tree monument .

Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We needed a place to stay before exploring the Joshua Tree National Park. From the road it looked clean and inviting. The front desk staff were very nice and informative of the area, restaurants and such. The room was small but clean, indicative of the price we paid. No noise at night even though its right next to the highway.
The local residents all seemed very friendly and helpful, we really liked this little town, we'll be back to visit again for sure.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Stayed here one night Memorial day weekend while visiting an uncle. At first it all seemed well, just your basic, affordable motel. While sitting on the bed I looked down on the carpet and saw the biggest roach I have seen in my life!! The roach must have been about two inches!! Yuck... Moved on from that thought and went to bed only to wake up the next day feeling so itchy on my hands, my arms and even my forehead. After some research turns out I was attacked by bed bugs during the night and had an allergic reaction!! Ended up spending way more money on making sure I didn't bring these in my house.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lis526
elrancho29palm, Webmaster at El Rancho Dolores Motel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. While I apologize if we failed to meet your expectations in any way, I can assure you that we do not have an insect problem at this hotel and never have. We are, however, involved in an improvement process aimed at making staying with us a better overall experience. We hope you’ll try us again and see that we’ve changed for the better in many ways.

Travellers are raving about these Twentynine Palms hotels

Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

I think the prices here COULD be lowered a bit, but the rooms that I stayed in with previous and last stays were very clean. Room service every morning with fresh, clean towels, and toilet paper. Beds were very comfortable, rooms are quiet, also I never experienced a bug problem here during any of my stays. They have coin operated washer and dryer, ice machine (free ice!) and a soda machine. They also have a large swimming pool that looks clean. I would recommend this place, but Motel 6 has cheaper rate.

• Stayed December 2012
Fife
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Basic, clean, cheap. Friendly front desk. Bed was a bit hard with springs uncomfortable. This might be improved with a mattress topper. Parking outside room as usual. Close to Joshua Tree National Park so very handy. couple of restaurants and bars within walking distance. Not much else to say really.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments about our value-priced hotel offering clean rooms and a great customer experience as well as an enviable location. I apologize if the bed didn’t meet your expectations, but I’m pleased that you didn’t allow this to detract too much from your stay. We’ve made changes and improvements since your stay and look forward to showing you next time you’re in the area how we’re better than ever before.

Billings, Montana
Reviewed 12 March 2013 via mobile

Plus: we got a nice big family room for a cheap rate. The grounds were well kept. It was quiet and the bed was comfortable. No bugs.

Negative: ugh! To start with, we were not told it was a smoking room and we were just too tired to deal with it by the time we discovered this fact. The kitchenette door was locked and we mistakenly thought it would still have a microwave and fridge - wrong! Worse, it was not clean. Carpets were dirty near furniture, fan had not been moved to vac. There was even a bottle cap at the edge of the tv stand!.

Towels are grey and thin. No hangers in the scary looking, unusable closet. A broken towel rack was thrown in the top of the closet.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments about our large rooms and great rates and comfortable beds. We’re also pleased that you enjoyed our well-tended grounds and quiet location. I apologize that you came at a time when we weren’t at our best, however. We’ve changed and improved in many ways since your stay, the issues you experienced have been corrected. I hope you’ll be staying with us again soon to see how we’re better than ever before.

Los Angeles
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Since we planned to spend most of our time in Joshua Tree National Park, we were interested only in having a reasonably priced, clean place to sleep and shower. El Rancho fit the bill. My boyfriend had stayed here twice in the previous year and had no complaints. We stayed two nights in a room with a king-sized bed, small refrigerator and microwave (no coffeemaker, no hairdryer). The room was clean and incredibly quiet. I never heard a sound from the occupied rooms on either side of ours - a rarity when it comes to inexpensive hotels, especially the large chains. Great deal for budget travelers who just need a clean, quiet place to stay while enjoying the desert.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple