“Sweet Little Place in need of love”
Review of Harmony Motel

Harmony Motel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Twentynine Palms
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This quaint place has very cute decor, a lovely pool and jacuzzi area and perfect proximity to the park. We stayed in room #0, which has a large fully functional kitchen. This was a fantastic help to us as my husband and I brought our 6 year old and 2 year old.
There are some minor and mainly inexpensive changes that could be made to vastly improve the experience however:
The owner can be cold and somewhat inflexible.
Simply changing the shower head would do wonders. It was a nightmare of a bathing experience between the lack of water pressure and inability to stabilize the water temperature.
The mattresses are awfully old and beat up. So, in the morning, our bodies were no better off than if we had camped and slept with only sleeping bags on the ground.
The pillows were too few and horrendous in quality!!!!
Joshua Tree is almost a guaranteed win, no matter where you stay. And I would love to say I would return to the Harmony Motel, but I wouldn't be able to bear the awful sleep again.

Room Tip: #0 has a large kitchen
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelly K
californiamanager, Public Relations Manager at Harmony Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Kelly K,

Thank you for writing a review on your stay at the Motel. We appreciate the time you have taken to write this review.
We appreciate that you like the charm, and beauty of the harmony, as well as was grateful for the huge kitchen in your room that catered for your family needs.

As for the cons of the motel nothing of this was brought to our attention, your were asked several times if everything was comfortable in your room, and you and your husband happily told was that all was good . The shower since your check out no one complained, neither did they complain about the beds, in fact even when you were checking out you reconfirmed everything was good and that you would definitely return. The bed were replaced in 2013. To say that it was old and warn out would be unfair.
You ordered a room that had two full size beds for two occupants , your husband is a tall big frame person. I can see this been uncomfortable with two children , perhaps two king bed would have been more appropriate with you and two children ( that you claimed slept awkwardly, as they kicked most of the time , hence you requested the rollaway bed for one of your children) upon check in.

Again we appreciate the review, and to ensure that our services are excellent to our guests we have noted your comments.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This motel is convenient to restaurants and Joshua Tree National Park. It occasionally shows its age but has far more charm than the cookie-cutter chains in the area. The bed in our room was extremely comfortable and the kitchen well worth the extra $10 charged for its use. Bathroom was small but the shower very nice. Nice view from outside our door and attractive garden with whimsical sculptures. Ash was a good hostess and a problem with the heater was fixed immediately.

Room Tip: Motel is right on the main road so higher number rooms away from the road are quieter. We stayed in...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Loved this clean, little, funky motel with a heart stopping front "patio" view of sunrise, and we could have stayed in bed and watched the big orange glove pop over the horizon out of the huge windows! Friendly and helpful, great morning coffee too. Close to hiking in Joshua Tree National Park at Indian Cove, and just a short hop to Oasis Park Visitor Center.

Room Tip: our room at the end, farthest away from the road, south was most quiet with only dull road sounds...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My family and I had a wonderful stay in the Jack Kerouac Cabin.
Loved that it was a private fenced in unit. I will be going back ASAP
w/ my portable Royal to work on my attempt at the great American novel.
Wonderful access to Joshua Tree National Park and surrounding area.
Thank you Ash- you are a gracious host and run a lovely establishment.
Peace Pax Paz Shantih Shalom Salaam
see you soon,
Shodo

Room Tip: go for the Jack Kerouac Cabin especially if you're a bohemian. You will never will forget the t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I recently stayed at the Harmony motel because the accommodations on the Marine Corps base were full, and I wanted a room that had a kitchen. What I discovered was an awesome and overlooked billeting opportunity for travelers to the area. The inn is quiet and has the feel of a small family-operated establishment where you could probably leave your door unlocked all day and be fine. The rooms have a large glass window facing East, giving you the most beautiful sunrises you could ask for. The pool and hot tub are well kept and are PERFECT for the post-workout soak. The staff informed me of a nearby Oasis in Joshua Tree National Park, and twice I ran there and back from the hotel (it’s probably about 7 miles total with some decent elevation changes). The proximity to this awesome, not-so-well-known landmark is one thing that makes me want to stay at the Harmony every time I have to visit 29 Palms. Let’s see….treadmill in a big chain hotel, or desert oasis run right behind your motel? Let’s see…. long unfriendly hallways in a big chain hotel, or a nice table and chairs just outside your door where you can watch the sunrise/sunset and down a bottle of beer/wine? Yep, this little motel wins every time.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This motel was better than we expected when we first saw the place. It looks a little run down from the road and my husband sent me in to check it out before he would join me! Going in the entryway, all doubts were erased - this place has personality! The owner showed me around and she is lovely and kind. Rooms are large enough and each room opens onto a small patio that faces the pool and hot tub. The bathrooms are small, kind of like a bathroom in your first apartment with a shower stall, vanity sink and toilet. There is a common room where you can eat breakfast, use the fridge and microwave, etc. There are also reviews of the place and articles about it and the owner. We used the fridge to store our food but didn't eat there. We were there just for one night and it was fine. I think it would be a fun place to be with friends or as a single or couple who was staying longer than we did if you are the type to want to meet other travelers in the common area or patios or at the pool, etc. There are other, more traditional options in the area if you are not a person who likes to take chances on an individual place, but I'm glad we did. A regular motel would have been OK for our overnight stay, but it think the Harmony Motel would be great for a longer visit. I would go back. Internet in the room wasn't too great, though.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cmujmumom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed 7 days at Harmony Motel. I was only going to be there 2 days, but feel in love with the peacefulness. Price was good and Ash the owner was professional as I felt safe during my stay. I enjoyed the hot tub each evening the pool area during the day, common room each morning and the view out my room window. The location was awesome so I could visit Joshua Tree National Park and Palm Springs I enjoyed the meals at 29 Palms Hotel, Rib Co, Andreas and the Bistro. Nice mini-vacation break on my long road trip. Thank you Ash your place shows you take pride in your Harmony Motel.

• Stayed: February 2014