Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel - Joshua Tree National Park
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Twentynine Palms
Keaau, Hawaii
“"I love it"”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

It was like a home for me and I'm so glad I stayed in Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel. We really enjoyed our stay, my husband and his friends enjoyed the "karaoke". Restaurant and groceries is so near to the place. Someday we will visit and stay again in Sunnyvale Garden Suite Hotel. I encourage you to go and try and you'll love it. For other infornation about your business needs, Tony the owner is so helpful.

Room Tip: Upper suites are so nice and you could see the views around. Even on the lower suites, they are nice...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank marloella

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 April 2012

From the outside, the hotel looks nice: western style and ' old'. Unfortunately, the room we had really was a bit wornout and shabby. It did not look very clean and at the end of the evening, we discovered a cochroach in the sitting room / kitchen. That, and the fact that the windows couldn't be closed properly, made us have a bad night. This hotel could be very OK (having kitchens and private gardens with each suite), but it certainly needs a big make-over. At this moment, it is quite overpriced.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank runtheglobe
Fremont, California, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I've never heard of Twentynine Palms and when my friend invited me to come to Twentynine Palms, we stayed at Sunnyvale Garden Suites. This is like a home away from home and the best part is that it is very relaxing place. The owner,Tony is very caring and super nice. They are hands on and really takes good care of their guest which you won't find in big hotels. The rooms are very nice, very affordable and comfortable. It even boasts a park like landscaping with benches, palm trees and other flowering plants.....I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a place to stay on your way to Joshua National Park.

Room Tip: I recommend the room name "Wagon Wheel" with the balcony overlooking the pool and also wit...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

Looked forward to non, big-chain hotel to experience local flavor.

After long day's travel, came to hotel with imaginatively decorated/landscaped grounds. Amazing.  (Wished I'd time to explore, but it was getting dark.) Personable host checked me in & showed 1st floor room, which appeared just as on web site photos. No problem. Contented, tired, I bring in luggage. Begin unpacking, settling in -- usual routine.

Grabbed plate from kitchen; it felt greasy, unclean. Tried another plate, another -- one after the other, dishware, glasses, cups, silverware -- everything was greasy. Loaded full-size dishwasher with everything; ran washer & proceeded to clean up kitchen.

(Noticed vat-sized container of insecticide under cabinet & dismissively thought the exterminator must have forgotten it.)

Resumed unpacking & attempted to turn on ventilation system, which made deafeningly loud jet-engine like noise -- but did indeed cool the room.

Returned to kitchen shocked to discover water leaking from dishwasher. Put down kitchen towels to soak up water & re-check dishwasher door to ensure it was closed  properly (which it was).

Returned to bedroom to finish unpacking & lie down briefly to relax & watch a little TV. Turned on cathode ray tube TV, which was snowy. Changed channels with remote to see if a different station had better reception -- no luck. Remote stopped working; manually turned off TV.

Went into kitchen. Finished cleaning up kitchen floor after dishwasher ran through cycle. Emptied dishwasher, put away all kitchenware.

Placed food on newly cleaned plate. Went to sit on sofa to relax & eat. Sat down & rapidly, deeply *sank* into sofa cushion  -- descended into seemingly bottomless pit -- nearly dropped plate out of my hand.

After crawling out of sofa pit, chose to sit on kitchen chair -- tested with hand 1st (to ensure safety) -- and ate meal at table.

Got up from table to open blind by sliding glass door (in living room) & one of the blind blades fell off. Examined blade closely & noticed its latch spot was broken. (The blade was merely placed there to "appear" fine.)

Saw gaps by sliding glass door & under front door; thought the heat from outside must come in through those gaps & likewise the cool air from inside must seep outside. That reminded me to turn off the jet engine cooling system at this point because I was nearly deaf & half dead from exhaustion. I needed sleep.

Who knows what woke me up from dead sleep, but since awake, it seemed good use of time to prep for tomorrow's work.

Proceeded to kitchen table, but some movement in living room caught my eye. (Must be imagining things; I'm overly tired.) Re-focused on work & found my attention drawn away again by movement
in living rm. Apparently under-door gaps are invitation for small wildlife to come visit; amusing & interesting at 1st until it took Kafkaesque-turn.

After washing off blood, packed up work & rest of bags, attempted to make graceful exit at morning light.

Kind host seemed genuinely distressed at my early departure, but I hadn't the time or energy to explain; I had to be at work within the half hour and find new habitable accommodations for the evening.

So much for going native.

I'm sure others have wonderful experiences at Sunnyvale, & what I've described are the mere whinings of the weak.

(Welcomed back into the coddling arms of big-chain hotel is exactly what I needed.)

Sunnyvale is best suited for the hearty.

• Stayed July 2011
6 Thank gnomemoss
La Crescenta, California
Reviewed 27 April 2012

A very relaxing little hotel off the beaten path in Twentynine Palms. Very close to the base, if you are visiting our troops.God bless em and bring em all home safe. Anyway, I was surprised at how large the rooms were. It looks like they used to be condos when first built. Complete with large kitchens,living rooms. Unfortunately, I was overcharged
on my credit card,so be aware of hidden internet fees, telephone calls, and possible cleaning fees. Yes the rooms are awesome but you pay for that. $150 a night (after taxes and the above hidden charges ). Wish me luck on my dispute.
Perfect pool and gameroom. Generous parking lot and refrigerator, flat screen TV. Had to take what they had due to most hotels in area filled up fast.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Ted B
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 12 April 2012

After searching for a place to stay for Easter weekend, Sunnyvale was one of the only choices left ... and I'm glad it was! The place is AWESOME! It's super close to the Joshua Tree park entrance off of Utah (super close to Jumbo Rocks).

Tony, the owner, was super friendly, helpful and had a GREAT demeanor. Really enjoyed talking with him ... answered all my questions honestly and effectively. The room, junior suite, was huge with a full kitchen and a new flat screen tv with dvd player. The grounds were well maintained and uniquely decorated in a old time-y western manner.

I highly recommend this place to anyone ... super affordable, comfortable, close to the park and UNIQUE. * I usually camp at Joshua Tree ... this was a nice change of pace, had a great experience as i usually do in the desert.

Room Tip: Stayed in "The Palm" - loved it!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We were greeted by friendly staff every time we met them. Tony even called me to let me know that a road runner had shown up at the front door. The rooms were clean and comfy. The surroundings were cute! We recommend this to anyone that has to stay in 29 Palms. Thanks for the hospitality!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tmbirch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Twentynine Palms
Best Western Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park
Best Western Gardens Hotel at Jo...
#4 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Twentynine Palms- Joshua Tree
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Twe...
#6 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynine Palms-Joshua Tree National Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynin...
#2 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#8 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
9 Palms Inn
9 Palms Inn
#10 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Best Western Joshua Tree Hotel & Suites

Been to Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel - Joshua Tree National Park? Share your experiences!