“Not as great as touted”

Las Palmas Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 23 February 2013

This was recommended by locals, and given the southern California location one would expect exceptional Mexican food. It's fine, but it's not great. The margaritas were weak.
On one hand the staff seemed nice enough. On the other, at one point I was brought a second margarita that I did not order. I said I did not order it, but the server said I could have it because they had made it anyway. Then when I got the bill they had charged for it.
Easy mistakes to make, maybe, but given the average state of the food, it worked in to my rather average view of the place overall.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

A winter Saturday night we enter this Mexican restaurant. A few tables were already served. The deco is basic, but we were hungry and other restaurants were already fully booked at Twentynine Palms. Classical mexican food, but quality was not really there.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Friendly people and excellent food, dine there several times a week. Best Mexican restaurant in Twentynine Palms.