“great Thai find!”
Review of Red Lotus

Red Lotus
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Reviewed 22 March 2014

couldn't believe how good the food was here - Tom Kaw soup spectacular, and the curry and seafood dishes were fabulous - it was recommended to us by our Harmony Motel, and quite a delightful surprise in the middle of the SW desert -

Reviewed 17 January 2014

The Thai Cuisine there was just amazing! The stuff was lovely and helpful by recommending things. And as dessert you have to try the mango fruit with sticky rice, jammy!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I ordered the Pad Thai. It was not terrible, but it certainly wasn't something that I could see myself trying to eat again. It seems like the noodles were a little bit over cooked and it was a little cold. I like Pad Thai and it's usually my go to meal at a place I'm not sure about.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Very good food, chinese and vietnamese. Fast service, quality and irreproachable freshness of food. Quantities are very large, you can choose what kind of meat you want in the dish or extra vegetables if you want. And you can also keep the remains.
I'll come back the next time.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Clumsy and tasteless can best describe the meal I had here. We ordered the salt and pepper calamari, which was covered in a cloying chili sauce best served on the side for dipping.
The pho was decent, but the cold spring rolls were inelegant and tasted of nothing but bean
thread noodles. The pork inside was dry and leathery- ugh! Finally, the pad Thai was an
abomination. If they cannot get that right? Well, good luck to them! The ambiance is nice though, I have to give them that!

Considering that this place is in such a tiny town with few restaurants, it will probably do well
but I'll stick to the Palm Kebab when I visit 29 Palms next time.