“Contact in the Desert”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Twentynine Palms
Los Angeles, California
“Contact in the Desert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Great location in Joshua Tree, CA, the rear rooms' window show the beautiful sunrise over open desert. Amazing for a Noo Yawka new to the spaciousness of this area. Amenities are perfect for business of pleasure with JT Resort a short drive away. The breakfast is a real help as you can sit for a full meal of grab n go ready made sandwiches. It was fresh all three days I ate there. All the needed requirements of modern travel, tv internet and microwave as well as refrigerators. The bed was comfortable and I actually slept well, considering my home bed is a craft matic with tempurpedic mattress, so for me to say the bed was comfy is saying quite a lot. Overall I have to rate this a 4.5 out of 5 and should I come back to Joshua Tree I will book the same room. Love and Light all.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

JimBowie29, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Welcome to the wide-open spaces at Joshua Tree National Park! We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience, and are pleased that you would take a moment to share your opinion. Thanks for noticing our upgraded beds and linens, as well as our full hot breakfast buffet service. We feel it's important to be comfy and well-fed when away from home!

I hope you visit us again soon. There is so much to see and do near 29 Palms; one visit just can't be enough!
Jim Bowie
General Manger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Joshua Tree, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is the Hotel I highly recommend if you go to Joshua Tree Area. I love clean and large swimming pool plus Jacuzzi and fact that open till late. Staff was friendly and nice to have breakfast area open from early. Interior of the room is quite tasteful too. I look at the few other Hotels, but this one is the best besides Joshua Inn, which is totally different feel, more rustic. If you like modern comfort, this is it!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Montreal, Qc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

The room was large and very clean. Bathroom was really nice. Bed was extremely comfortable. My only complaint was that there was no mini fridge in the room. Other than that it was perfect. My husband said the pool area was very nice, I didn't go in the pool. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We ate breakfast there the following morning and it was typical for a Best Western. It was good and plentiful. I found the location to be pretty good, different restaurants all around us. I was actually surprised at how big Twentynine Palms was. I was not expecting that at all. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

If you are looking for a good room, attentive staff and pool to relax, look no further! I think the highlight of the hotel is the nice pool and jacuzzi area that can make any summer day go by any faster. I also like the fact the location is quiet and you can walk to Burger King which is nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Renton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

This hotel was very nice. There is not much if anything to do in the town it is in. I was visiting family at the military base. The staff was wonderful and I enjoyed a rather boring location because of the hotel

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

JimBowie29, Manager at BEST WESTERN Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for sharing your opinion of Best Western Gardens. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our area, renown for it's wide open spaces and specular desert beauty. However, I am so glad that our stay at our hotel assisted you to enjoy your vacation. Next time you visit, I suggest a trip into Joshua Tree National Park; you might change your mind about 29 Palms!

Hope to see you soon.
Jim Bowie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

My family and I stayed at this establishment for one night. We found the staff to be friendly, helpful, and generous when asked for extra towels and other items. We stayed in a room with two double beds and a chair and ottoman. The room was nicely and tastefully decorated. It was also very clean and the AC worked like a charm. The WiFi is free and fast. The pool needs a little TLC, but I think it's an older pool. It was totally acceptable. I would highly recommend this motel to anyone going through the Joshua Tree/Twentynine Palms area. (Treat yourself to some old school dairy and burger goodness and Foster's Freeze too!)

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank MSWS06
Cherry Creek, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

My boyfriend and I were traveling across the US on motorcycle from San Diego to Western New York state. We came into Twentynine Palms on a Friday evening (May 24,2013). We knew that the Harley Owners Group has an association with Best Western and thought we'd try it out for the first time. We are sure glad we did! We got a great price, a gorgeous room with an amazing king size bed, a beautiful view and then a great breakfast in the morning! The room was spotless as was every other area we visited. The staff was friendly and courteous! We would both recommend this location to anyone who asked! Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shelley L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Twentynine Palms
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynine Palms-Joshua Tree National Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynin...
#1 of 11 in Twentynine Palms
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Twentynine Palms- Joshua Tree
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Twe...
#5 of 11 in Twentynine Palms
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#7 of 11 in Twentynine Palms
BEST WESTERN Joshua Tree Hotel & Suites
Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel - Joshua Tree National Park
Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel - ...
#6 of 11 in Twentynine Palms
9 Palms Inn
9 Palms Inn
#9 of 11 in Twentynine Palms

Been to BEST WESTERN Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park? Share your experiences!