29 Palms Inn
US$132
US$100
Harmony Motel(Twentynine Palms)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$93
US$83
US$98
US$144
US$123
HIExpress.com
US$119
9 Palms Inn(Twentynine Palms)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$76
Campbell House(Twentynine Palms)
US$186
El Rancho Dolores Motel(Twentynine Palms)
US$120
US$87
Travelocity
  • Pool
US$122
US$113
Agoda.com
All reviewsjoshua tree national parkorganic gardenshrimp and scallopsfault linean oasisenclosed patiobottle roomice chestguest houseoatmealhard boiled eggshomemade breadlounge chairsunique placevisitor centerlove this placehigh desert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

So I have read differing reviews and I will just say it how I found it. It exceeded my expectations in all areas. The staff without exception were friendly and helpful. The retro check-in, pool and restaurant are a delight. Its a 'real' pool too - 9ft at deep end, not the paddling pools built today. Stayed in cheapest ($95) style room, Room Z. Just faultless. Clean and worked well with old retro fittings (windows, heater, furniture) giving it huge character. Any more modernising would be wrong, for me the balance old/new is perfect. Located outside town virtually in park so incredibly quite at night. Just loved it will be back for longer next time

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank GlynCarre
Reviewed 17 May 2013

My wife and I enjoyed every aspect of our time here! The staff was cheerful and helpful. The adobe cabin was homey and really gave us an experience unlike any other hotel - by this I mean it seemed authentic to the hi desert architecture and living - and it was personalized. The patio area adjacent to our cabin allowed us beautiful views of the desert night sky and stars without the normal city lights. The restaurant was clean and the food was good, even for us vegetarians. The morning breakfast was hearty and healthy - breads, bran muffins, oatmeal, coffee, fruits. We hung out around the pool for a while, explored the beautiful grounds, walked through the garden, meditated along the pond. All in all, a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it.
For a few dollars more than a chain hotel, it was well worth it.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Dandelion 'room' - this room is one of eight rooms that have views of the mountains in the background - we appreciated this feature. There are also rooms that have views of the oasis if that's your preference. The reservation coordinator can assist very knowledgeably with your preferences.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mzader
Reviewed 25 April 2013

This was a vacation getaway while visiting our daughter in Los Angeles. I was most impressed by the property, a pond, cute little "bungalos", beautiful palms and desert views. Nice pool, although we didn't try it. The restaurant was wonderful, beautifully prepared dishes, something to please almost everyone. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was homemade! (NO pastry in plastic sleeves!) What was most impressive was the style of the "rooms" Each was it's own self contained area. A courtyard with gate, and lounge chairs, decent sized room. My only complaint would be that the pillows were on the hard side and there wasn't a chance of a rug to put your feet on in the morning. The floors are stone. HOWEVER you could have your own fire in the working, wood fueled fireplace! Practically on the doorstep of Joshua Tree National Park, I would highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: Obviously, farther from the pool would be quieter, but there are a variety of rooms styles, and sizes. Book ahead as there is a limited amont of space.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank reb1101
Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

After an afternoon at Joshua Tree National Park in the high desert this was an oasis. A very cheerful greeting and an easy sign in for our two cabins. A little pricy I thought, but this is the authentic place to experience our overnight before heading back to Joshua Tree in the morning.

Our cabins were adequate and the ac didn't need to be turned on because of the coolness of the April evening.

Dinner at the Inn was wonderful and a two piece band played cool tunes from across the swimming pool next to the restaurant. Although we sat at a indoor table, the door was kept open for the breeze and music to drift through.

The included breakfast was comfortably enjoyed at an outside table before heading out for the day.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

This place is the kind of place you choose for a reason. My husband booked us into the Holiday Inn Express- I nixed that- no soul. Lucked out that another guest checked out early- AC was too noisy (I expect he got our room at Holiday Inn- he can have it!).
This place is vintage, a real throw back to 1960s road trips. The rooms were dated but clean - no fancy towels or soaps or lotions or potions. A great sunny simple cement pool with deck. Amidst the mountains. The guests were families, rock climbers, hippies and hipsters. Ate a delicious dinner at the bar, lively restaurant, live music Met cool and interesting people.
If you are looking for a sterile chain without charm, this is NOT your place.

• Stayed: April 2013