“Unique oasis”
Review of 29 Palms Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Twentynine Palms
29 Palms Inn
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Twentynine Palms
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Unique oasis”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

After our visit in Joshua Tree National Park, we stayed one night in Cabin X. We had booked the cabin in advance because we loved the pictures on the website and didn't want to stay in a hotel of a hotel chain. We were not disappointed by what we got. In the contrary, we loved the unique look of the cabins and the surroundings. The staff was very friendly and helpful and check-in was very fast. Before we went for dinner we jumped into the clean pool. Dinner in the restaurant was very delicious. They serve self-grown vegetables and other very good food. A woman playing the guitar was entertaining us in a good volume throughout the whole dinner. The cabin was very simple equipped but clean. Before going to bed we enjoyed the starry sky out from our patio. We had a very quiet night. Since breakfast was included the next morning we ate on the patio next to the pool what was very nice too. We can definitively recommend this inn.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Loved our Rooms (Frame 1 and 2) by the little pond. Enjoyed sipping wine in our own private patio staring up at the full moon and playing the board games they had on offer. Bathroom was old but everything worked. Morning Foods could have been a bit more creative - we got bored of the limited offer!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We checked-in late at night after the office was closed; however, the check-in process was super smooth!

My friend and I stayed a night in Cabin X. It had just what we needed; the room was already air conditioned when we entered and everything was clean.

I really liked the breakfast: homemade bread, porridge, etc.

This place was my favourite place to stay during my 6-day trip in LA. I'll definitely come back here!

Room Tip: The Cabins are connected and thus lack some privacy you might need.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cindy K
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed here 3 times now and each time I don't want to leave. It is so peaceful, I love relaxing by reading around the pool. Food is organic (I think) and much they grow themselves. Rooms are spotless. I have stayed in their self catering lodges and hotel rooms both have been fine and the beds comfortable. I thought it was a fairly basic menu but supper was fine. Like most of restaurants in USA burgers feature and I wasn't overly keen on breakfast but it was adequate and there was plenty.
I always want to go back to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SueM54
Sweden
Reviewed 24 July 2014

An oasis right at the entrance of Joshua Tree Park. Perfect start for somebody who likes to explore the park without having to drive 1hr+ from Palm Springs. Family-run, very cozy place. Unique (but rather simple) rooms, all with a specific theme. Very warm and welcoming staff. Had the priviledge to join a picknic with other guests which was a very pleasant experience. We talked to other guests from the US, Australia and Europe for hours. Thanks a lot to Paul for explaining the history of the place and the park. Great value for money, given that breakfast and dinner are included.

Room Tip: Try the bottle room. Very quiet, cozy, great view of the stars ;-)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DaveBCSweden
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Since relocating to 29 Palms with the military in 2012, I've been afforded the opportunity to explore the local area as well as the majority of the high desert. Located right down the road from the 29 Palms entrance of Joshua Tree National Park, the 29 Palms Inn is quietly tucked off a side road close to the center of town. My wedding was planned for a ceremony in the National Park and the reception at the 29 Palms Inn, it was incredibly easy planning wise, and a great catering menu was put together for our guests. On the day of, I went early in the morning and dropped off the decorations I had purchased for the event, and they already had all the tables set up. After instructions on how I wanted every set up, I took off to get ready for the big day. When we arrived in the evening, I was amazed at how beautifully set up everything was. They had set out all white linens with beautiful table settings and a custom decorated board outside the tented area directing our guests. Everyone in our party had a wonderful experience with great service and great food. The restaurant has different specials every week made with home-grown veggies from the Inn's garden, they also have the best steak I've ever had in my life. The chef is wonderful as well, and she regularly comes out into the seating area and talks to all the customers to ensure they're satisfied with the meal. This is definitely my favorite spot in all of 29, if not all of SoCal.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank motovet
near Charlottesvile
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed at 29 Palms Inn for 3 nights last week while exploring Joshua Tree National Park and the nearby desert area. We were given the spacious 2-bedroom house "Irene." As an easterner, I loved being in an authentic desert dwelling. Irene was built in the 1930s by a man for himself and his wife. It was lived in some then, later used as an art gallery and more recently as part of this inn. The adobe is thick, mostly white inside, with some areas of bright color. The full kitchen has lovely tiled counter tops. There is a lot of beautiful and quirky yet functional detail in doors and windows and a large landscaped courtyard shared with two other units. The "morning food," aka breakfast, is an assortment of delicious breads, jams and fruits, some from trees at the on-site garden, boiled eggs, oatmeal, juice, coffee. This adobe will not please people looking for modern luxury or airtight quarters, but I'd stay again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: The website has photos of the widely varied room options. You can also call them and they'll gl...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family