TUI Sensimar Medulin
  • Restaurant
Apartments Olga(Premantura)
Excellent 5/5
1,149 results
All reviewspool arealong dresseswardrobe spacelow keyrelaxing holidayfruit kebabsplenty of choicesoft drinksdress codea la carte meallovely hotelsea viewevening entertainmentself serviceplenty of sunbedsbar closesall inclusive drinks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Just returned from the most relaxing 10 days at the Park Plaza Medulin. What can I add to the many favourable reveiws....i have to agree that the Park Plaza is spotless and very well maintained. Our 3rd floor room did not have a sea veiw but was comfortable, modern and with adequate storage. We had tea & coffee making facilities in our room along with a mini fridge. We also had a free safe and a super modern hair dryer! The power shower was amazing ( although I did miss my bath )
The restaurant was stylish with a very good selection of food. Our A' La Carte meal was just delicious. The house wine and gin were excellent and we had a few so we know what we are talking about!! Someone has already mentioned the dress code in the dining room....men should wear long trousers ( just what you would expect from a 4 star hotel ) however some men were allowed to enter wearing shorts. Iong trousers are long trousers and shorts really are'nt suitable for an evening in a restaurant ( rant over )
The pool area was spotless with lots of comfortable sun loungers and umbrellas. Pool towels were also available. You could also help yourselves to complimentary drinks in 2 areas around the pool. The salt water pool was cool and more than welcome on the long hot sunny days.
The staff at the hotel just couldnt do enough for you and were always on hand to remove empty glasses and give help putting up umbrellas by the pool.
The resort of Medulin was quaint and clean but just didnt have enough good quality shops for me.( just a small niggle but I love the shops when I am abroad )
If you have booked to go to this hotel you are in for a treat, you will be spoilt, you will be cosseted and you will be fed to within an inch of your life.
Would we return to the Park Plaza ....... Hell YES,!.,

Room Tip: Sea view on a high floor
6  Thank maria b
Arena T, Management at TUI Sensimar Medulin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and all your lovely words.
Your nice words will be shared with our team as they will be delighted to hear that their efforts are appreciated. We endeavour to provide one-of-a-kind experiences to our guests with a wide array of amenities and services under one roof, so we are truly glad that you experienced our offer.
We all look forward to to your return visit!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have just returned from a two week holiday here and it totally lived up to my expectations. We wanted a quiet holiday away from screaming children but with places to visit and see when we wanted too and this was perfect.

The hotel was lovely, can’t fault it. It was excellent to have two garden areas as well as the pool area so not everyone was cramped around the pool (not that they were cramped) but we like to be away from everyone and the gardens allowed you to do this. There were plenty of day beds and sun beds to go around even you came back to the hotel in the afternoon, you could always find somewhere to sit. There are a couple of seating areas with tables outside which were nice.
The hotel staff were all wonderful, from the pool boys to the restaurant staff, there were all so friendly and helpful, I love Croatian people!

The food was excellent and I don’t eat meat or fish but I was never short of anything to eat. There is an outside eating area too which was lovely. The all-inclusive alcohol was fine, if you want posh wine and drinks then don’t go all-inclusive.

The hotel room was lovely and very clean, we had a sea view which was worth the extra money. Some other reviewers have complained about lack of drawers, but there are two wardrobes with plenty of shelves plus extra shelves in the safe cupboard and bedside cabinets. The hairdryer was excellent, helpfully positioned in the room and not the bathroom. Ingenious idea having a plug socket in the safe.

Some reviewers have said the hotel is like a Saga hotel, this is definitely not the case. There were couples in their twenties, thirties and forties as well as older and plenty of honeymooners.
The area itself is lovely with many places to visit. Pula is a bus ride away with its Amphitheatre and other Roman ruins. Rovinj is a must both in the day and night. In the evening the Valentino Cocktail bar on the rocks is a must, where the waiters give you a cushion and you sit on the rocks on the water edge!!!

The Thompson reps were great and very helpful and friendly. The hotel even had its own library of donated books and the odd toiletry which was fabulous as I ended up reading 7 books whilst away and had only taken four with me.

There are a couple of camp sites nearby and being the school holidays these were busy but they are far enough away not to be noticed but they help provide Medulin with a lovely atmosphere and hustle and bustle in the evening.

I will be searching for a honeymoon location for 2016 and its going to take something special to beat this hotel and country.

This truly was the most relaxing holiday I have ever had in the most beautiful country I have ever visited. I love Croatia, and I hope it stays true to itself.

4  Thank Lisa B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for writing such a beautiful review! We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and that this was „the most relaxing holiday you have ever had in the most beautiful country I have ever visited“ – thank you for such a beautiful compliment!
We look forward to your return visit so that our team may once again exceed your expectations!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Recently returned from the most relaxing holiday we've had in a long time, I can only agree with all the positive comments already written by other happy visitors.
The hotel was spotless from the communal areas, outside areas, pool and rooms themselves. The staff are the most helpful, happiest and friendliest that I have encountered on any holiday I have been on.
I cant believe anyone would complain about the food, weve been to many many hotels all over the world and considering the cost of our holiday we were amazed at the quality and variety of freshly prepared food on offer. The waiting staff are so friendly and professional and cannot do enough for you, a special mention to Dusan... possibly the best waiter ever !!! As for the comments about the wine it was absoloutly fine, no complaints from us whatsoever.
The room was modern and spotlessly clean, we had 2 wardrobes and shelf space as well as bedside drawers... I always take too many clothes but had no problem storing them in the space provided. The bathroom and modern shower was lovely and the towels were changed daily.
All in all the hotel and staff got 10 out of 10... if you're looking for a 5 star hotel then you need to pay 5 star money, at the end of the day you get what you pay for and in terms of value for money this more than ticked every box.
So if you are looking for a lovely relaxing holiday with comfortable, spotlessly clean, modern accommodation and lovely friendly staff then you really need look no further.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank trish s
Arena T, Management at TUI Sensimar Medulin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest,

What an honour it was hosting you during your holiday in Medulin!
It is with great joy to know that you and your lovely husband had an excellent stay and compared our hotel/service with a 5 star hotel!
Your sentiments are wonderful, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Plaza Medulin again in the future!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Well what can I say... I can't honestly think of a negative. There was a huge variety of food, nothing typically Croatian but excellent all inclusive food you would find in almost any country. Beds were amazing, the standard of quality for pillows and bedding were second to none. Staff were very professional and polite. The room was made up and towels changed every day and the whole cleanliness of the hotel was excellent. The only thing I would comment on was the Duo entertainment, I'm afraid they wouldn't get far on the x factor.... The resort was busier and more commercial than I thought and perhaps not what I was really looking for. I had assumed it would be quite rural and it wasn't. For that reason I wouldn't go back but the hotel and staff were one of the best I've come across and would have no problem at all recommending it to anyone. I will however, definitely be going back to Croatia, what a beautiful country.

Room Tip: A sea view would be lovely from the 4th floor
1  Thank Caroline C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice comments and for recommending us! We are happy that your overall stay was fantastic but on a more negative note, we're disappointed to hear that you weren't impressed with the Thomson entertainment. Your comments will be shared with their representative.

We hope to have the possibility to host you on your future trips!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Returned back from Park Plaza Medulin on 09/08/14 after a fantastic two week stay. Greeted at the door by staff and lead through to Reception where we were given a light refreshing drink whilst waiting to check in. Not that we needed it as the transfer from the airport was only 20 minutes. Our first impression was how clean and tidy it was. After making our way to our room, we were even more impressed. As we walked through the door we were hit by the cool air of the Air Conditioning. The bed was enormous, you could have slept either way it was that big. There was also a free safe, a fridge and a complimentary hot drinks tray. If you like your food, you'll love it here. We couldn't fault it. Great selection of meats, fish, salad, veg, fresh fruit and deserts. The staff were great, always happy to help, nothing was too much trouble. The pool area had plenty of sun beds and plenty of mattress beds around the grassed area. These beds were amazing, never heard so many people snoring outside. You didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to get one either. Walking outside the rear gate of the private grounds its only a five minute walk to the beach and a further five or ten minutes to Medulin town and harbour. Just outside the front gate you can catch a bus which will take you in to Pula in about 20 - 30 minutes. Well worth a visit with its Amphitheatre and other ancient ruins. The bus rides only 15 kuna each. All in all a great Adult Only hotel and would definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mark c

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your impressions on TripAdvisor! Knowing that you consider us a „great adult’s only hotel“ is a great compliment – thank you! Your comments about our food selection, cleanliness and staff will be shared with our staff: they will be delighted to hear all of your nice words!
We hope to have the possibility to host you on your next trip to Croatia!