“nice spot!”
Review of Konoba Istra

Konoba Istra
Ranked #18 of 104 Restaurants in Umag
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great surprise! We went there because it was close to our hotel and we found it on the way to the grocery store. We stopped there for dinner, it was full but we were seated in no time. The menu covers most of the Istrian specialities, featuring both meat and fish. We ordered fish. I had their traditional pasta dish with shrimp and truffles and some fried calamari.Dinner for two with beer 320 KN. Will go back if I am in the area.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I would really like to be as objective as possible, but I am not sure, if I can find any CONS:
+ I would say that stuff was extremely nice, they answered all our questions and in the end, we got a shot of homemade spirit;
+ food was delicious - we ate thorny oysters and for the main dish "Plate Istra", for dessert I ate chocolate mousse and my friends ate pancakes - everything was really tasty (same goes for wine - we drank white whine Malvazija - you should try it ) I think that Konoba Istra is perfect place also to order steaks, cuz I saw one right next to me and it look perfectly medium raw ;
- Konoba istra is very romantic, real mediteranian experience, but there is just one problem: it is right next to main road, so no sea, no wave sounds etc.

All in all, great experience for around 600 KN (aprox. 70 eur). You should definitely take a look and don't forget to reserve, because there is not much space

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I was second time here, and it was excellent!! The best grill in Umag! Very friendly staff, nice atmosfer and the best food! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 26 August 2016

Everything very good and tasty. The staff is professional and fast. Good wines. We are comming back for sure

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

We visit this restaurant every summer at least once and it never disappoints. Fresh seafood, great Croatian dishes. Medium priced.