US$217
Travelocity
US$212
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsgood sizenice wellness areahigher floorsmall indoor poolnice hotelbreakfast and dinnershort vacationpleasant staybuffet styleordering drinkslarge roomspent nightsmy opinionlive musichotel barfood on offeradriatic sea
Reviewed 10 June 2017

Room Tip: Bring slippers, a bath towel, tissues and earplugs.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
GeneraManagerITU, Manager at Sol Umag, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Reviewed 7 June 2017

I spent a week here in early June 2017. My first impressions were good, check-in was quick and straightforward, my room was clean and well equipped. Overall I had a very relaxing time, spending most mornings by the sea after breakfast, before heading off to town for browsing, shopping and lunch. The food in the hotel is really very good and the range of food on offer is extremely wide and varied. Even the most fussy of eaters could never be disappointed by the choice; personally I eat anything. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly in all aspects of the hotel; the dining room, the personnel looking after the sun lounges but especially the staff on reception. My room was cleaned daily, my towels and bed linen were also changed regularly, so no complaints there. Ok, so everything positive so far and really there are no negatives. But, if I were to offer advice to the manager it would be this: the hotel was very quiet on my arrival so the hotel was quite empty. However the range of dishes was still incredibly varied. When the hotel got busier, on Friday, I detected that the quality of the food improved; not that it was poor beforehand. Maybe it would be better to restrict the choice somewhat if the hotel is less busy and serve them to the higher standard that I experienced during the latter part of my stay. I must emphasise that I was never disappointed with the food. All in all I had a very positive experience staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank TDOG_TonyS
GeneraManagerITU, Manager at Sol Umag, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Dear TDOG_TonyS,

Thank you for choosing our hotel Sol Umag for your stay and for sharing your experience and tips with all the travellers worldwide , I am sure that they will be very useful for our future guests.

I would like to thank you for your compliments about our hotel and services, they are very big motivation for us and our further work.

Also, thank you for all your constructive comments that you presented to us. You can be sure that they have been taken into consideration and forwarded to right persons.

I hope that your stay was pleasant and that you will visit us again soon,
Until then greetings from Umag.

Lena Petrović Mance

Reviewed 31 May 2017

Stayed for three nights and had nothing really to complain about except that despite paying a single supplement I didn't get a room with a balcony. The room was clean and tidy but there were no tea/coffee making facilities and the bathroom featured towels that were a bit thin and past their best and liquid soap dispensers (I hate them).
Breakfast and Dinner were both buffet style with a very good selection of choices served at the right temperature and regularly replenished. I enjoyed every meal as far as eating it was concerned. BUT those bloody chairs! Our party was allocated long tables in a part of the restaurant that featured huge heavy wrap around chairs that made it very difficult to get up from the table (a pre-requisite of buffet service) and get back in. Having achieved this your arms were then restricted by the sides of the chair making it difficult to eat or drink. I would love to meet the person who thought that these awful chairs were suitable for restaurant use and have a few gentle words with them. In fairness most of the very large room(s) had sensible chairs. (Sorry did I say I had nothing to complain about ?)
The location was superb with the rear terrace of the hotel overlooking the close-by sea and lovely sunset views and with the new resort of Stella Maris (Home of ATP tennis) only a short stroll away.
The staff were all friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
GeneraManagerITU, Manager at Sol Umag, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Dear Big-G66,

I would like to thank you in my name and in the name of the staff of hotel Sol Umag for finding time to write your experience about your stay.

The whole team of hotel is extremely happy that you have had a nice holiday here.
Your suggestions are extremely important to us because they are a guide to further improving the quality of our services and they are our guiding line in our efforts that we take in the modernization of our facilities, so thank you for them.

I sincerely hope that you will be a guest of our hotel again.

With best wishes for you and your family, we remain with

Kind regards

Reviewed 28 May 2017

I joined my parents for a mini break to Umag for the first time. They had stayed at this hotel about 6-7 times before and were very happy with everything. I cannot agree more: perfect location, super friendly and efficient service (even at dinnner "rush hour" dishes were cleared away quickly and everything at the buffet was always replenished) and a nice and spacious room. I definitely recommend a sea view room with a balcony overlooking the pool and ocean promenade. Beautiful sunsets every night are part of the package. It was my mother's (70th) birthday while we were there and on the day we were pleasantly surprised to find a chilled bottle of (very good) rose champagne with a nice card from the hotel manager in our room. That's what I call good customer service! I would just recommend checking whether there are any festivals going on before booking if you value a good night's sleep - our stay coincided with the 4-day Sea Star festival nearby and were "entertained" by live music from 4 stages until 7 a.m. on one night...The outdoor pool is quite large and there are plenty of sun chairs so there is definitely no need to fight for one with other guests. WiFi is very stable and coverage is great, even on the beach.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
GeneraManagerITU, Manager at Sol Umag, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Dear Marichan X,

Thank you for your nice review about your stay in hotel Sol Umag, I am sure that your comments will be very usefull for other travellers around the world.
Your praising words will be an incentive for us to be better every day, so thank you for your compliments.

I would like to use this oportunity to appologise to you for the inconvenientes that you might have had during your stay because of the noise from Sea Star Festival that was held during your stay.

I am glad that you were nice surprised by our little gesture for your mother s' 70th birthday.

Hope that you enjoyed with us and that you will visit us again soon.

Until then best regards from Umag.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Our tennis club organized camp in Umag and we we stayed in Hotel Sol Umag. As we came everything seemed to be new and clean but the room was dirty and room service only changed towels. I understand it was off season but 4* hotel should have high level service. Food was OK, but could be better. Surrounding area was very nice. My expectations were higher.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Viktorro Š
GeneraManagerITU, Manager at Sol Umag, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Dear Mr. Viktorro Š,

I would like to thank you in my name and in the name of the entire staff of hotel Sol Umag for finding time to write your review.

I am sorry that hotel did not fulfil all your expectations, but you can be sure that your comments are concerned and have been taken into consideration.
We assure you that our main goal is that our guests feel comfortable in our hotel as in their homes. All our efforts are inspired by our guest comments, so thank you once again for letting us know your opinion and experience.

I would like to use this opportunity to apologise for all possible inconveniences you might have had during your stay here.
I sincerely hope these inconveniences will not prevent you from visiting us again.

With best wishes, we remain with