“i excepted more” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Umag
Rijeka, Primorsko-Goranska, Croatia
“i excepted more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

for begining sorry for my english. I just arrived for my four days family vacation from umag (sol garden). when we choose this hotel, trip advisor was one of most important reason for our decision. in fact my family rather often take short holidays at italy, slovenia and croatia so i have some experiance in four stars hotel (like sol garden). sol garden is in some way five stars expecally when we talk about staff of hotel. I really never saw so kind, helpfull and guest friendly staff like in sol garden hotel. but the best thing of staff (expecially at reception desk) is combination of relax and efficiently access to customer so you feel at home. location of hotel is very nice, if you want ride a bike you can find very easy trails, there is lot of really nice various sport playground, nature is fabolous. so that is good. but for me (i am croatian) was very disappointing that you must extra pay for wi-fi, that prices in restoran is well above prices in similar croatian (and slovenian) hotels (for example 1/2 liter of red wine is sixty kuna), you can not take jacuzzi without extra pay, chips for pinball and simillar games are euro and half (?!!)... maybe is ok. for visitors from western europe, but for croatian people this is to expensive.I have to be honest and say that HB at the hotel wasn't too expensive, but for example food for my opinion not at the level of four stars hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Igor U
IstraturistUmag, Manager at Sol Garden Istra, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Igor U,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion with us. This is of big importance because it shows us what we can do to make guests feel better at our hotel.

We are really sorry you were not satisfied with the prices in our hotel. Sincerely, I do not think it is too expensive, but of course, I respect your opinion. The only thing I can say is that the prices are justified by the good quality of the service. Like you said, you have never seen before so kind staff. About that, I would like to thank you for those nice words.

Thank you one more time. It will be a great pleasure to host you again, so we can show you at our best.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Split, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I was in Hotel for 8 days during some conference. Since I was one of the organizers, I often needed help from personnel on reception. Every time I needed something, they were very kind and provided it to me (and my colleagues). I would like to especially commend Ivan and Dalila as the best receptionists ever!

Room Tip: Family rooms with the pool view are really comfy! (like 544)
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank I_am_m3_m0
Dear I_am_m3_m0,

First of all let me thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Your comment is truly motivating for all team, and it is nice to read that we have fulfilled your expectations.
I have already shared your compliments with Ivan and Dalila and they are sending you a big hug!

In hope to have a chance to host you again,

Novo Mesto, Slovenia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We choose this hotel for our professional football team to stay at while they were training at the sport complex near the hotel. Everyone was very helpful, employees at the reception, guest relation, lobby bar, restaurant..They all are really lovely, happy people, always there to make us feel good and comfortable. Food was excellent, accomodation comfortable. I would definitely recommend it further and at the same time I would like to say a big thank you for a most enjoyable stay with you all!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Damjana K
IstraturistUmag, Manager at Sol Garden Istra, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Damjana K,

it is a great pleasure to read such a nice review and to know that our hard work is seen and valued by our guests. We have shown this review to all our colleagues because this is our best motivation to provide excellent service in the future as well.

We hope you will visit us again soon!

Kind regards from Umag,
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We had a business conference at this hotel, and they were very kind and accomodating. It offers indoor and outdoor swimming, very close to the Adriatic Sea. Lots to do for kids and adults, alike. There were also many cyclists in the hotel... and other types of athletes. Overall, the management was very friendly to many lifestyles and the rooms were very comfortable.

1 Thank naneliz
Dear naneliz,

thank you very much for sharing your experience with us! We love your title!
I am more than happy to hear that you had a lovely holiday and that you were so pleased with our staff and our rooms.

Looking forward to your next stay!

Rybinsk, Yaroslavl', Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I was part of a group that stayed at Sol Garden Istra and I was very impressed with the facility and the cleanliness of my room. The bed was wonderful and the food was excellent. I would stay there again happily.

Room Tip: Room above the cafe is a bit noisy.
Dear Michelle T,

Thank you very much for choosing Sol Garden Istra and for taking the time to post your valuable comments on TripAdvisor.
I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed every aspect of your stay and hope to welcome you back in the future. I have already shared all your positive comments with my colleagues!

Once again thank you for your kind feedback and for your nice words. It is really rewarding to get a positive feedback like yours.

Decatur, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Everything was very professionally organized with a beautiful hall for meetings, fine dining for each meal and the rooms for staying were very comfortable. My wife and I enjoyed coffee times with friends at the coffee shop that was accommodating with any order of an extra or particular service we desired. The foyer seating was situated nicely for conversation and visiting. The service desk went far beyond regular service to get our computer on line. All our needs and desires were met. Your location is peaceful and affords access to the beauty of the sea.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea side room if you are interested in a good view.
Dear Nora S,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with the overall service provided in the hotel.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, particularly regarding our service.
Looking forward to host you again!

Best regards from Umag,

Boston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed for 5 nights. The hotel was clean, the bed's were comfortable, and the staff was very courteous. The wait staff at the bar/restaurant were very friendly, and were quite professional. The Adriatic sea was a two minute walk from the resort, and while Umag was a longer walk, we found that following the path along the shore was quite enjoyable.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Jonathan L,

thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to post this nice review.
We are really happy to read you enjoyed in Umag. It is a small, but very interesting city, with a wide range of possibilities to do.
The Adriatic sea is just one of its beauties. I hope you will have a chance to visit us again!
In that case, please feel free to contact me at the Reception, I will be at your complete disposal.