- Clubs and pools for small kids (up to 10).
- The waitress by the upper kids pool stood out as she was one of the few smiling and friendly.
- The Lion King show on friday night is quite amazing.
- Attitude of the staff is very poor, at times rude. The lady at the reception I would even describe as insulting.
- Internet not free. Hardly see hotels these days where you still pay for your web access.
- Food (Breakfast and Dinner) is very cantine like. Most dishes plain and served in buffet style without any love. Ambience from the huge clinical rooms supports the cantine feel.
- You need to obtain a authorization from the reception to bill any drinks to your room. When I approached the receptionist lady aksing if they dont have trust in their guests the anseer was that "no one can be trusted"
- Rooms were very dirty upon check in. Quite disgusting. (See pictures attached)
- The entire hotel feels like a former day socialist complex, which has received some renovations, but without any attention to detail. Also with most staff behaving accordingly.
- to reach the ocean one needs to cross a minor road and walk approx 500 meters.
- Don't rent a bicycle from the bikepoint within the Hotel. Right outside the hotel by the shops is a tourist office which lets good bikes for less than half the price (approx EUR 12 per day)
- Same place you can buy wireless internet for the duration of your stay.
- come late for dinner (after 2000hrs) and dine in the room (red colors) right on the left of the restaurant entrance. Nicer atmosphere, less crowded, bit more quiet.
- The Burgers at the upper pool are a decent lunch and as well value for money.
Summary: In my view surely not worth the money, but not a place where you would immediately want to check out again. Staff Training would do wonders, make them proactive and take ownership of little things. Guests are a mix of locals and Austrians, with the odd Italians, Germans, Dutch etc. Hospitality, Facilities, Entertainment and Food can not be compared to good hotels in countries like Turkey or Egypt, where you get an all inclusive 5 Star for the same money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sol Garden Istra in Umag uniquely couples contemporary design with motifs of authentic Istrian history, creating a hotel of unmatched distinction. With specialised amenities for bicyclists, this hotel is a top bike hotel in Croatia. The hotel also offers fun and activities for the whole family: an outdoor water park, wellness centre and access to the Sport Art centre, which is complete with sports grounds for football, handball and basketball. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and LateRooms so you can book your Sol Garden Istra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Garden Istra Umag
- Sol Garden Istra Hotel Umag