“Long coast, great camp”

CampingIN Park Umag
Ranked #1 of 65 Speciality Lodging in Umag
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

It was camping 101 for me. We pitched our tent and stayed 10 nights instead if 6.

Lavatories were ok.

Supermarkets are always full and carefully check your change. Good sortiment.

Slow service but good people in Restaurant Lavanda.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank TaleStephan
IstraturistUmag, Manager at CampingIN Park Umag, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear TaleStephan,

we are pleased to hear you liked our camping place Park Umag so much you decided to extend your vacation from 6 on 10 days. We are proud of the service we are offering and even more important, we are always trying to grow and improve on all aspects.
I hope you are going to visit us again and give us the opportunity to be your hosts next summer.

With best wishes and kind regards,

Guest Experience Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,487)

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We booked our place for 4 persons via ANWB. During checkout the price was much higher than our booking. They said it was miscommunication between them and ANWB and we had to pay. The lady behind the desk, Aleksandra, took our passports and refused to give them back before we paid the higher amount. We called the police and they forced her to give our passports and let us pay the agreed amount. That was not a pretty demonstration of how to treat your customer at a crowded reception, incredible that they let this happen.
It got even worse when I noticed back home that they retrieved the addition amount from my credit card!! I am now preparing a declaration for credit card fraude to the campsite together with my lawyer and the Umag police who are very helpful. It will be a declaration on personal title for Aleksandra because I filmed her taking my credit card and one for the campsite. Because Croatia is now EU member and have to respect the EU rules this can get very negative for the persons involved.

For the rest the campsite is really terrible, demotivated personnel, very dirty (pool and toilet). For us never again this campsite, we should have read reviews before because the recent once are really negative.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
21  Thank FP v
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Perfect for children, perfect for young people, perfect for everybody! The camp is clean, quiet, and big!! Very big! Good restaurants, good services! Only the KONZUM is old styl:)))
The swimingpools are fantastic! We recomend it for everybody. The playgrounds were also good!
We love it!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Zoltan R

Dear Zoltan R,

Thank you for sharing with us the beautiful experience you had in our camp. It means a lot to us to hear that you enjoyed your staying here because pleasure and satisfaction of our guests are very important to us so we are doing our best to make our guests happy. Also for next year we are planning to do some changes to improve our service even more.
One more time, thank you for your comment and we hope you are going to be our guest again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2013

Visited here at the end of April/beginning May in motorhome. Huge site and we were a good walk from bith reception and anyi restaurants. Even at this time if year most of the grass had not been cut on most of the pitches - I think this is unforgiveable - although there was evidence that this was beginning. Wifi had to be paid for and was expensive - 40kn for 1 hour which jad to be used all at once.

We tried te Laguna restaurant one night and found it expensive 280 kn for two steaks and a small carafe of house wine: the steaks were 'okay' but the veg were obviously tinned and overcooked; the wine poor.

We tried the Pizzeria the previous night and found that better value and quality.

There was a lot of work going on in the site (good) but it made it look a little like building site in places.

Not much was open and when were checking out another lady was complaining bitterly about this.

I think care is probably needed when visiting here in early season.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
IstraturistUmag, Manager at CampingIN Park Umag, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear IanSimpson,

I am Sandra, the Guest Experience Manager at the Camping Park Umag and I wanted to thank you for sharing your review with us.
We pay a lot of attention to the green areas in the campsite and every year we are trying to preserve them in order to provide a pleasant stay for our guests. I also wanted to let you know that we have available pitches that are, apart from electricity and water, equipped with the SAT TV and WIFI.

I am very sorry to hear about your experience in the Laguna restaurant and I can assure you that we forwarded you comments to the restaurant Manager.
As stated on our website, the entertaining activities for children start on 15th of May, an the activities and entertainment for adults are available from June 1st.

We apologize for any eventual inconveniences you experienced because of the works in the campsite. Every year we invest in our facilities and we strive to give our guests the best price-quality ratio, and even better service.
Thank you for choosing us for your holidays and it would be a pleasure to have you again as our guests.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 September 2012

3rd time at Umag - still love it here. Lets clear some thing up. Wi Fi is Free at the Canova Bay Bar, where you will need by buy a beer or wine to get the access code (approx £1.70 each for a pint or lage glass of wine), but once you have the code you can use it again and again. Some pitches are very dark under the trees, but book a pitch before you go to avoid this if you enjoy a sunny pitch. It is very busy in August and you probably need to prebook, this year we stayed in Sept. Animation was mostly closed and the park only one third full. The new shower block would shame some 4 star hotels and possibly a first for a campsite,electric dishwashers, is this a first for a campsite? This campsite is clean and we have never encountered noise that was a problem, but it is a very big spread out park and you will need bikes to get around. Will I go back - yes without any hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank martyKent
Reviewed 24 August 2012

First I have to say that I have never been to a camp site the size of Umag Camping Park before, hence maybe my expectations weren't appropriate. Well, here is what we found: a huge area in which the camp site is divided into three lodging zones and various zones with shops, restaurants and entertainment facilities. The reception was ok, they speak English well. Then you will be directed to a tiny site which is shadowy enough but right in the middle of a cramped, way too busy area. The streets around you are always used by cars, bikes and pretty bad - by small motorbikes which are fast enough to run our toddler over. People scream, shout and radios blare all evening long. The entertainment for children and grown ups might be amusing but loud enough to keep you awake until 11 pm. Bins are too far away, washing facilities are clean and abundant, but a tub and changing area for babies is always too far away. And - there is only one for about 500 campers! The shore is just some rocky algae infested slippery mock up beach, nothing to lie on and enjoy the sea. The fellow campers are somewhat weird. After I got hollered at by a German who followed me to my site only to assault me physically there, we fled right away. It turned out that he wasn't satisfied with the way I cleaned the community's kitchen sink.
It might be a good place for people who think their day to day life is some unbearable monotony, dull and grey, but for someone with a normal attention span - do not go Umag Camping Park!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank jesuswasahovercraft
IstraturistUmag, Guest Relations Manager at CampingIN Park Umag, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Hello Jesuswasahovercraft,
My name is Josipa Krezić and I am working as Quality Manager at camping Park Umag.
I am glad that you stayed at our camp but more I am sorry we did not fulfill your expectations. Thank you for writing this review; we have used it as constructive critics to help us improve our work and our services.
From what I understand you were searching for nice and quiet vacation and you stayed at the camp in period of high season and biggest occupancy.
I will be free to suggest you to come again in low season – in May or September. In that time the weather is pleasant for vacation and occupancy is not that high so I believe you can have peaceful vacation! Due to low season you may choose pitch in one of the zones you find most attractive.
One of the investment plans is rebuilding and renovating existing sanitary facilities so will the number of baby areas increase.
I am sorry for the situation occurred with other guest but unfortunately we cannot influence on culture and politeness of guests.
I really hope you will give us another chance and visit us - we will do our best to redress these inconvenient situations and make new even better ones! If you decide to be our guest again, be free to find me at the reception I will be at your disposal!
Josipa Krezić, Quality Manager

Reviewed 15 August 2012

We booked the site's premium accommodation after carefully researching on the Internet. We wanted somewhere with fantastic pool facilities, having stayed at Bella Italia last year, but also with a higher standard of accommodation. The premium offered a small pool for every 6 or 7 mobile homes, which we thought was ideal because the children would be able to use this without making a separate visit across to the main pool facilities. We travelled with my brother and his family, so this was ideal.
We were not disappointed with the accommodation which was of a high standard as it was new this year. It was very clean. The only thing I would say is that there is no oven, just a hob, so we thought cooking would be challenging, and no barbecue either. However, prices are so cheap, this did not really matter, as we regularly ate out, both on and off the site.
The small pool we thought was fantastic, although sharing with 7 other families meant that it was often crowded, or we just waited until it was more empty. Without this pool, the facilities would have been extremely compromised, as the main pool area is not adequate for the number of visitors. It consists of a paddling pool with a pirate ship and slide, a deeper pool nearby and a larger pool lower down. Considering the size of the site (it's huge!) this was not enough. The sea is nearby and it's crystal clear, although the 'beaches' are rocky - there is no sand.
About 1 week into the holiday (we stayed for 17 nights) our children suffered tummy upsets and there began a catalogue of infections, including eye, stomach, nose, throat and ear infections. The adults too suffered but to a much lesser degree. In the end I went to see the doctor on site because my daughter had been in considerable pain during the night with her ears. He prescribed some medication and said only to swim in the sea. This was a huge disappointment seeing that the pool had been a big reason for choosing this site, but we did avoid it for the rest of the holiday. I went to see the campsite management, who did have all the certificates for the pool water which had been tested, but this is done every few days not daily. There seemed to be surprise that the doctor on camp had advised avoiding the pool, and I only hope I have not caused any trouble for him.
There are a few places to eat on site, many bars, a supermarket, water sports etc which do offer plenty of variety in terms of what to do. We enjoyed the local towns of Umag and Novigrad and also Porec. We went on a boat trip which was very slow. It went down to Rovinj and I would choose a shorter trip in future as we spent too much time on the boat.
All in all, I would return to Croatia, but not to this site until the pool facilities are made considerably bigger to reflect the size of the site.

Room Tip: Choose the premium accommodation which is of a high standard.