I don't want to start negative so will start a positive!
A nicely situated hotel with a fantastic view, and staff are very friendly...(.apart from excursion woman)
1) we went half board! Breakfast had lots of choice.. Dinner didn't! Only 8 options, 4 starters and 4 mains, in the week I was there not one came out even close to hot or warm... Very poor selection too!
2) we went on a excursion to 3 snorkelling sights...yet we only went to 2 (due to weather apparently but only told this at end of day on our way back), and we were told they provide all equipment! THEY DIDNT!! So we didn't see anything and could only swim, they did nothing to help.....excursion woman was useful!
3) they changed us rooms during stay, not the worst crime in the world but still a pain!
4) FAECES washed up on the beach! Although this is due to which way wind blows so not the hotels fault it still happened!
5) check you payed everything.. We did it all online yet they didn't take half board payment so got that shock of extra £300 on top of normal payments at end of week. We suspect they have double charged us but this is being determined at moment! As well as mini bar costs we didn't use!
6) we went on an evening excursion to Dubrovnik at night! 7pm till 11.30pm. Yet our boat was so slow we didn't get there till 8.30.... So killed any time we might of wanted there! (They send 2 boats other boat was a speed boat and got there in 45 min....we then had to get back to the dock early to get on this boat back, luckily we did, those that arrived back at after 11.15pm had to get on slower boat)
For what you pay... Not worth it!!
7) sun loungers by the pool, due to shape of hotel and the shadow it creates you can only have sun either in the morning or afternoon! Not possible to move as all loungers are taken and not enough room to move loungers!
8) rooms were not cleaned, we had left over phone chargers, half drink bottles of water, empty packets of crisps on our arrival.
9) hotel entertainment was shocking!! Truly awful!! Although waiters etc were fantastic, great bunch of guys and girls!!
A poorly run hotel, would not go back and definitely not recommend to anyone!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Far from the city’s bustle, surrounded by sea and palm trees, Hotel Lafodia is the perfect place if you’re looking for relax in an exclusive location.This four stars hotel has become a byword for peaceful holidays amongst the clear waters that surround the Lopud Island which is better known as "The Island in the middle". You will be amused to be in such a nature and peaceful landscape, experiencing unforgettable moments of harmony and tranquility while relaxing completely. Wrapped in comfort, soothed by the sound of the waves, enchanted by the reflection of the sun on the sea……this is your holiday at Hotel Lafodia. No motor vehicles are allowed on the island to disturb its peace and tranquility so….. just forget about the noise and traffic of everyday city life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Lafodia Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lafodia Hotel And Resort
- Lafodia Hotel Lopud