“Kona Honu divers, great dives great crews”
Review of Kona Honu Divers

Kona Honu Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Kona Honu Divers is locally owned and operated. From the moment you step into the shop or prepare to board our boat, you become part of our "ohana" or family. Our boat is safe and comfortable. Our dives are guided by knowledgeable instructors who brief you on what to expect to see before you enter the water. Encounters with dolphin, turtles, and manta rays are common in the placid Kona waters.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Las Vegas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Kona Honu divers, great dives great crews”
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Dove both a 2 tank morning dive and a single tank night dive with the Mantas. Captains and crews were all very knowledgable and professional. We had a small group for the morning dives so there was no crowding the crew handled alk the gear including rinsing everything before the end of the dive. The Manta dive was awesome especially as I was the only diver on the boat. I had Jason as my guide and we managed to spot my watch that had broken from my wrist before the dive. I also dive Nitrox and Kona Honu requires that every diver comes to the shop at least a day ahead of diving and verifies the tank pressure and Nitrox mix. Nice touch and appreciated. I would highly recommend Kona Honu Divers to anyone diving the Kona area. The shop is a bit out of the way but not difficult to find.

Visited December 2013

• Korean first
“2 tank morning dive”
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Had a fantastic time the morning after thanksgiving. The crew was superb. JC was the dive master and he did a great job pointing out all the critters. The entire crew was friendly and energetic.

This may become my new holiday tradition, Blue Friday with Kona honu divers. Screw black friday.

Vancouver, Canada
“Awesome Manta Ray Night Dive”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I did a two dive refresher and then the two dive Manta Ray night dive. Crew and guides were awesome. The manta ray experience fantastic. I couldn't recommend them more strongly. Thanks so much!

Enumclaw, Washington
“Discover dive!”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My wife and I wanted to dive while we were on our trip in Hawaii. There are a lot of shops around so we asked "Snorkel Bob" who they recommended, they pointed us to Kona Honu Divers.

We had a great time. All the staff we meet were great! Very friendly, kind, and considerate.
They only do four divers per instructor for the discover dives and even then they said they would usually have a second instructor.
We were very lucky we were the only ones who did the discover dive on the day we went.

Its fun too because the boat that takes the discover divers is the same as the boat for the certified divers and those getting certified. We were able to meet a few other people and hear their stories.

Our instructor Terri was great. Even though my wife had dove before she was still nervous and anxious. Terri worked with her and got her calmed down enough to do the dive. She even took the time to hold onto her while she was under water so she felt comfortable.

They took us to two different dive spots and we were able to see a lot of different fish and creatures. Some people in our group got to see an octopus and puffer fish and many other great things.

Over all our experience was awesome and would recommend this company to anyone wanting to try diving or to get certified. And we will defiantly come back!

Mahalo!!

Edmonton, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Manta Ray Night Dive Amazing”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We did the 2 tank dive with Kona Honu Divers. Amazing people and great service. The Manta Night dive is unreal. It's something you really have to experience. Our boat and dive crew were great. Very professional and friendly, with your safety as #1. Highly recommend booking with this company.