“Family Fun!”
Review of Kona Honu Divers

Kona Honu Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Kona Honu Divers is locally owned and operated. From the moment you step into the shop or prepare to board our boat, you become part of our "ohana" or family. Our boat is safe and comfortable. Our dives are guided by knowledgeable instructors who brief you on what to expect to see before you enter the water. Encounters with dolphin, turtles, and manta rays are common in the placid Kona waters.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We liked them so much that we dove with them for 8 dives! Think we met almost every crew member and each brought something different to learn and see! The night Manta Dive was surreal! Will dive with them again when we go back to Big Island! Thanks Guys for making it so much fun!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,123)
All reviews
in 11 reviews
"nice boat"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 2 August 2014

My family and I had a blast on our first dive as a family (my oldest son and I had been diving before, but my wife and youngest son - age 12 - got certified specifically for this trip). The dive sites were very good for divers of our skill level and experience, and the divemasters and captain were fantastic. I highly recommend Kona Honu for families and inexperienced divers!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Kevin was an excellent guide and dive master. We dove with our newly certified 12 yr old son and the staff was very attentive. The dive itself was incredible! The mantas swim right over your head. If you're intimidated by a night dive, The snorkelers and divers all have lights and it's like Vegas underwater. We got great footage with our GoPro. Every diver should do this dive!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was looking for a single tank manta dive that would also take snorkelers and found that Kona Honu Divers were the only ones with seats available for the entire family. This proved to be a great trip for all of us. We loaded our stuff on the boat and all rental equipment was prepared for us. We had been assigned a position on the boat where the wetsuit had been placed. A few boats had already arrived and since the sun was still up we had the option of getting the suit on and snorkel around the boat.
The staff and crew were very helpful and informative. The predive manta information was held by Frank who did an awesome job of telling us about the site, the mantas as a group and as individuals. Kudos to him! Following a short swim to the site we sat down on 33 feet and pointed our flash lights upward to attract plancton. It was impossible to count the mantas but maybe 30. the boat had a cameraman who swam around us filming the entire dive.
I can definitely recommend Kona Honu Divers and wish we had more time to go on day time dives with them. The only hassle was getting into the wet suits. I am skinny but the suits seemed to be sized for tooth picks.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We had a great experience working with Kona Honu divers. The staff and crew were professional, knowledgeable and friendly. The dive boat was spacious, well prepared, and comfortable. I took my wife and three teenage kids on the 2-tank, night manta ray dive on July 1, 2014. The manta ray dive was spectacular and exceeded our expectations. It's hard to find words to describe it - you have to go and experience it yourself. We were fortunate to see 17 beautiful mantas during our 50+ min. dive. Thank you Kona Honu divers for a fantastic night of diving in Kona - we'll be back!