“See the best Hawaii has to offer.”

Jack's Diving Locker
More attraction details
Owner description: Everyone needs some adventure in their lives! Jack's Diving Locker in Kailua-Kona, on the Big Island of Hawaii is the place to go for that adventure. Join our experienced staff on one of our premier dive boats for two-tank dives, Advanced 2 & 3 tank scuba dive trips, Dolphin and Whale watches, the Pelagic Magic Night Dive and the world famous Manta Ray Night Dive and Snorkel! As a PADI 5 Star IDC Resort we have the Big Island's widest range of scuba diving options and the best range of classes and courses, from beginner introductory dives to Instructor training. We also have the Big Island's Best Dive Shop with the friendliest service on the Big Island of Hawaii. So the next time you plan a diving vacation give Jack's Diving Locker a call to help you plan your Hawaii diving vacation.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I have always wondered since young if Hawaii "the Big Island" was not the best Island to truly experience the last "real Hawaii". And after visiting I can now say my theory was correct. I could remark on many aspects of this still developing land but I would just like to comment a little on its under sea world and the most organized "vehicle" I used to experience that "still blue" part of the Earth "Jacks diving Locker."
First of all, on entering Jacks I was really taken back by their fine store. I mean they didn't just have a shop but a very well stocked retail outlet with a hugh and diverse selection of equipment. I mean it made some of the best dive shops I've gone into look meager. It was not "well let me know what you want and we'll order it for you" but they have most of everything you would need right there on their most beloved shelves. I mean everything from drops to put in your ears to dry them out, to foul weather gear, to your favorite dive mask at regular prices. I was really surprised. It made me feel I had walked into a place that was really into "diving." And as time went on, or should I say dives went on, I realized "Jacks" and its people go beyond diving services. But enough about the store let me talk a little about diving Kona Hawaii with Jacks.
Next, sure enough on the first boat dive to a section of reef called "Golden Arches" my dream of Hawaii Island was confirmed. The water was blue, you know that, when you look down into it and see the bottom through that most wonder bright blue color. This whole side of the Island which Jacks dives is like that and every dive during the 5 days I dove was one great dive after another. I mean really out standing dives; blue water, 1 hour plus dives, reefs that are still healthy, and sea life that is not that shy. To give you an example of the health of the reef, and perhaps I should not mention it, but on our second dive on my first day, Sven, our dive guide spotted a 12' to 16" tiger shark on hitting the bottom. That wasn't even 100 yards out of the marina we left. Now if your wondering about the crews and the dive boats themselves that was also a special treat. Let me go on and explain.
Last, Jacks has at least 4 great boats and a large amount of great personnel. The boats are mostly aluminum, fast, with places to move around, and with a nice lunch. The service and people are extremely friendly and the guides very well seasoned in the area. They always ask where you've been so they take you to a different site amongst the 60 moored places they can visit on just their classic morning dives.
On closing, I would like to express my thanks to all the folks that made my dive trip to Hawaii Island a dream come true; Jim and Alyson, Laura, Sven, Eric, and all the crew. The dives were exceptional and the sea life abundant and healthy. If I got on some nerves because I wanted to set up my own gear, or that I still use a film camera, I apologize.
With best and deepest regards, God Bless All the fine folks at Jacks.

997 - 1,001 of 1,399 reviews

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We did a guided shore dive with Sven -- then another day the manta 2 tank drive (1 pre sundown, 1 nighttime). Manta experience is well written elsewhere -- amazing. DO IT! Even more so, do it -- and your other Big Island diving -- with Jack's! It was my first night dive and Jack's made it easy, not scary, and fun. Full service too -- "Let us do the work you are all on vacation." Kudos to Captain Allison, Bongo, Jemmy (sp?) and the whole crew. GREAT group of people.
Sven made some recommendations during our shore dive that led to a pool session with Shannon to work on my buoyancy skills. This was a super move -- and helped a ton when I went for the manta dives later. Shannon and Sven are extremely patient, respectful and encouraging. My time with then not only made for fun dive experiences on this trip -- but have made a lasting impression that will help me on future dives.
Jack's prices are also very reasonable, especially for the superior service they offer. We will dive with them again, and you should too:)

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We were recommended a different diving shop but they were booked so we called Jacks. Wow did we score on that. We have a 16 yr. son who has previous dive experience and a younger daughter with none. Jack's Diving Locker took it from there and provided us with an incredible experience. After graduating from the mandatory 2 hr pool experience we had our own private dive instructor, Sharp - who was incredible, lead us on a two tank dive on the shores of Kona. The entire boat crew was professional and very focused on a fun & safe experience. There was a mix of experienced divers, divers testing for certification, and lowly new divers like us. All were smiles and happy as the boat returned to the harbor.

We highly recommend Jacks Diving Locker for experienced and beginner divers.

1  Thank GoodJava
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I've been around a lot of dive shops in my 18+ years of diving and I have to say that I was blown away when stepping into Jack's last week. Packed full of all the necessary equipment and many of those cool toys all us divers want and "need", they've got everything you could ever ask for. Add to that an extremely helpful and friendly staff and you've got a winning combination.

I went out with Sven and Kawika for a two tank morning dive. From the time that I stepped into the shop to the time that I returned from the dives, I was taken care of like a member of the family. Check-in was seamless and everything was waiting for me to sign ahead of time. Rental BC? Already on the boat. Dive computer? My Zoop was waiting for me behind the counter. Where was Sven? Loading our personal gear into the shuttle and driving us down to the dock. The only time I ever "worked" that entire morning was to set up my regulators and that was only because they were in my dive bag.

Needless to say, an experience like this leads to a stress free and enjoyable dive. Add to the fact that Jack's runs small boats and matches your diving experience to the rest of their clients when planning their excursions and you've got a winning combination.

Although I only went out once with Jack's, I'd rate the diving itself around Kona as fantastic with great visibility and some great sea life. Although the rest of the family does not dive yet, they are all avid snorkelers which will be joining me the next time we're back on the island.

Thanks for a great day of diving and for establishing a great first impression. I'll be back.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This was the best experience I've had in my diving life of over 300 dives! We witnessed over 20 manta rays from a distance of INCHES!!! Great staff & a GREAT DIVE!!!