I was truly lucky to have the opportunity to stay at this resort for 6 nights as part of my companies recognition program, so the circumstances were very special. However, I have been travelling for more than 30 years of my life and I have stayed in Resorts all over the world and this is without doubt the very best.
The professional service, the ambience, the quality of the rooms and the ability to just utterly relax was priceless. I have never before experienced resting on a lounger on the beach watch turtles also resting on the sand not more than 5 - 10 metres in front of you. Alternatively, grab a snorkel and flippers and spend a lazy hour exploring the pool that has hundreds of different types of fish including a stingray that you can swim alongside.
I do need to call out that during this week there were no children present. I have nothing against children (I have 2 of my own) but there has to be a lot said for having an entire week with no children around you which I know added a significant bonus to my experience.
Food was outstanding. Some of the best restaurant food I have eaten for a very long time. The highlight was the NY Prime crusted with coffee at Ulu Restaurant. The best steak I have ever eaten - period.
This was a magic week that will provide many moments of happy reflection for the remainder of my life.
One note to the management - in this day and age, charging for wanting to have more than 2 devices per room connected to the internet is just more than a little cheeky given your standard room rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled along the legendary Kona-Kohala Coast of Hawaii Island, Hualalai is a Hawaiian destination unlike any other. Blessed with 863 acres of lush oceanfront beauty, authentic Hawaiian artistry and the highly customized services of the award-winning Four Seasons, Hualalai is a holistic, sustainable and globally renowned community that continues to set the standard by which all other resorts are measured. Hualalai inspires and enriches every experience, forever transforming and connecting the lives of all who come here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Hualalai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu Hotel Kailua-Kona
- 4 Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu
- Four Seasons Kailua-Kona
- Kailua-Kona Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hawaii
- Four Seasons Hualalai
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai Hawaii/Kailua-Kona