“A small slice of Paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Four Seasons Resort Hualalai
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Kailua-Kona
GreenLeadersGold level
Amsterdam
“A small slice of Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I was truly lucky to have the opportunity to stay at this resort for 6 nights as part of my companies recognition program, so the circumstances were very special. However, I have been travelling for more than 30 years of my life and I have stayed in Resorts all over the world and this is without doubt the very best.
The professional service, the ambience, the quality of the rooms and the ability to just utterly relax was priceless. I have never before experienced resting on a lounger on the beach watch turtles also resting on the sand not more than 5 - 10 metres in front of you. Alternatively, grab a snorkel and flippers and spend a lazy hour exploring the pool that has hundreds of different types of fish including a stingray that you can swim alongside.
I do need to call out that during this week there were no children present. I have nothing against children (I have 2 of my own) but there has to be a lot said for having an entire week with no children around you which I know added a significant bonus to my experience.
Food was outstanding. Some of the best restaurant food I have eaten for a very long time. The highlight was the NY Prime crusted with coffee at Ulu Restaurant. The best steak I have ever eaten - period.
This was a magic week that will provide many moments of happy reflection for the remainder of my life.

One note to the management - in this day and age, charging for wanting to have more than 2 devices per room connected to the internet is just more than a little cheeky given your standard room rates.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PaulDAmsterdam
Rheba C, Executive Office at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Greetings from Hualalai!

I am so happy to hear that you and your wife had an opportunity to visit our "small slice of paradise," and that you were lulled by the peace and tranquility of Hualalai. Even when there are lots of children here, the resort is so spread out and there are so many activities for the young guests, our adult guests without children can find pockets of quiet! There is something for everyone at Hualalai!

We hope you will visit many times in the months and years to come. The turtles will be waiting on the beach for your return.

Executive Administrative Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (803)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Gorgeous hotel, perfect for honeymoon. The adult pool is stunning. No fighting over pool chairs here there was always somewhere to sit even when the resort is full. No feeling like you have to get up early. Resort grounds are beautiful with sea turtles resting all along the shores. Would be perfect for kids too as the kids pool and area look fabulous but we had left our kids at home as it was our honeymoon. Planning on coming back for an anniversary.

Room Tip: We stayed around the adults only pool in a suite and it was very quiet. This is dependent on guests...
1 Thank Tickadelaide
Aloha!!

We are grateful that you chose Hualalai as your honeymoon destination and that you built a wonderful memory. You are correct when you say there is something for everyone here and we look forward to welcoming you back for your anniversary celebration and hope you will bring the children. We love to pamper our young guests.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is ever anything I can do to assist you.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

The site was gorgeogus. We had a beach wedding at sunset and were able to take numerous pics with a sunset background.Beautiful setting and varied terrain also enhanced the photo shoot.
Afterwards we ate at the resturant and enjoyed the french-press Kona coffee.
Only had one complaint. The resturant gave me a hotel receipt rather than a resturant receipt.
You may ask what's the difference. The difference is two points/$.

Room Tip: High floors have the best view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank skwilens
Rheba C, Executive Office at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Aloha!

I am so happy to hear that you and your daughter chose Hualalai as the location for her wedding and that you took lots of pictures of the sunset to commemorate this very special occasion. I spoke with our director of food and beverage regarding the hotel receipt you received for the wedding dinner rather than a restaurant receipt, and we apologize that you lost two points/$ on the transaction. This was certainly not our intention!

We hope you will visit many times in the months and years to come and that your daughter and her new husband will return perhaps for their first wedding anniversary.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Amazing honeymoon experience. From the start at check-in, the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I usually am not a fan of the Four Seasons, but my stay here changed my perspective and now I will always try my hardest to book at the Four Seasons. The amenities were great and much more than I expected. Many people believe that you pay top dollars to stay here, but you really get more than what you paid for. Amenities and services made you feel like you were royalty. We loved our stay so much that we are planning on coming back within a year to celebrate our anniversary. Loved everything about the Four Seasons Hualali.

2 Thank Anna H
Rheba C, Executive Office at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Greetings from Hualalai!

Once again, congratulations on your marriage. We are most grateful that you chose our lovely resort as the destination for your honeymoon and I am happy to hear that you had an amazing time. Hualalai is all about building beautiful memories and we hope you will return for every anniversary to build more great memories!

Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do to assist you.

November 21-24, 2013
Our first trip to Hawaii and the four seasons was just perfect. Rooms were extremely comfortable and beautiful. The beach was a real gem for the Big Island with the occational sleeping sea turtles on the sand. The satff was exceptional going out of their way to show us where we needed to go and make sure our car weas ready on the spot. The resturants were also terrific, we went to all three. The views and the food were all better than I could have expected.

Chris & Nancy Vigg

Room Tip: We had choosen the Ocean View and it was the right choice by far.
1 Thank Cvigg
Aloha!

We are thrilled that your first visit to Hawai'i and Four Seasons Resort Hualalai was "just perfect." The staff and the turtles sleeping on the beach eagerly await your return!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I can't think of one thing that was amiss at this resort. Right from the time we walked in everyone greeted us with our name and knew where we have come from and what's the occasion..I planned a surprise private sunset dinner on a beach, which i think is lot of our fantasy..and boy, do they know how to keep a secret..amazing setup(Mike), amazing musician (Barry) and then some...Vacations like this spent a places like these can't be ever forgotten..nuf said

Room Tip: Prime Ocean view...go for it
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rheba C, Executive Office at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Greetings from Hualalai!

I agree that it does not get much better than a vacation to our beautiful resort, topped off by a Romantic Dinner on the Beach! We love to participate in planning events (and keeping secrets) for guests who want to surprise their special person. We hope this will be the first of many memorable vacations at Hualalai!

Grosseto, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Let's start saying that for European Hawaii have a very particular charme. Maybe do to the distance, it's meant like "one in a life" trip. I must confess the Islands are really a corner of Heaven, and this Venue can be with no doubt one of the hihglights of our trip, along with the magnificent natural spots and you can visit here, like Waimea Canyon, Road to Hana, Kaleakala Crater, Manua Kea and Manua Loa. The road to reach the reception is impressive, with "black lava stains" everywhere. Some kind of lunar landscape. The check-in has been very warm, friendly and professional at the same time. Both of us received a "Lei", refreshing napkins, fresh fruit and mango Mai Tai. The accommodation was at the first floor, with outstanding view on one of the pool and on the beach. very large, with all the possible amenity you would. We appreciate very much that they go green as they can. All the staff, with no exception, was terrific. Always offering their assistance and never beeing intrusive.
We ate either by the pool, at Beach Tree restaurant and at the Steak House. All meals were very good and with an incredible value for money. I was expected the cost to be much higher.
My suggestion is: visit Hawaii as much extensively as you can but make sure to make a present to yourself stayng 3 nights here. You will rememeber it for ever and ever.

1 Thank Ciopman
Aloha from Hualalai!

I am so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful "once in a lifetime" experience here at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai. Your review was particularly meaningful since you had to travel 27 hours to reach us, but shared you felt the long journey was justified by the memories you built.

We hope you will return as often as possible and stay as long as possible. Thank you for your positive feedback.

Happy Holidays!

Executive Administrative Assistant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kailua-Kona
Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection
Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel
Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations
Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kailua-Kona
Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii

Been to Four Seasons Resort Hualalai? Share your experiences!