I have traveled many places and stayed in many resorts but Four Seasons Hualalai totally blew me away and it's the first place I have said we MUST COME BACK to!
Service: Extraordinary - you are always greeted by name and the staff always says "aloha" when passing you on the grounds. Every request was fulfilled within 10 minutes and even room service was efficient.
Accommodations: Amazing - I hate resorts where you feel stacked on top of other guests and the Four Seasons Hualalai manages to feel intimate, even with so many guests. Go for the ocean-view rooms. It's worth it.
Spa: To die for - outdoor jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and a unique stone stream that you can walk through for a foot massage. Our massage services weren't the best but the spa experience made up for it.
Restaurants: Hit or miss - This was the only place that could be improved. Some of our meals were awesome and some were so-so. I would be less critical if the price tag wasn't so steep.The only other problem is that dinner reservations were sometimes hard to come by at the times we wanted to eat so I'd recommend booking dinner reservations in advance or at the time of your arrival to make sure you can eat when you want. Otherwise, the room service is a great alternative.
Pools: Something for everyone - Our 3 year old loved the kiddie pools. They have one 3 feet deep and the other 1 1/2 with a sand bottom and sprinklers which kept her entertained for hours. There are also 2 adult pools and a pond for snorkeling with fish and an eagle ray.
Activities: Tons of options - Many of the activities including fish feeding and hula dancing class were free. Lots of fitness classes avail (but they run about $25/hour). We didn't make it to any ocean adventures but I'm sure they'd be amazing too. They also have a fantastic kids club with games, movies, and outings for the older kids.
Summary: THIS IS THE RESORT HOTEL EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD. If you can get past the price tag, this resort offers an unforgettable experience, incredible views, and personalized service that will make you want to return year after year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled along the legendary Kona-Kohala Coast of Hawaii Island, Hualalai is a Hawaiian destination unlike any other. Blessed with 863 acres of lush oceanfront beauty, authentic Hawaiian artistry and the highly customized services of the award-winning Four Seasons, Hualalai is a holistic, sustainable and globally renowned community that continues to set the standard by which all other resorts are measured. Hualalai inspires and enriches every experience, forever transforming and connecting the lives of all who come here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Hualalai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu Hotel Kailua-Kona
- 4 Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu
- Four Seasons Kailua-Kona
- Kailua-Kona Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hawaii
- Four Seasons Hualalai
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai Hawaii/Kailua-Kona