No need to reiterate all the great things about this resort--- from the moment you check in you can tell this will be different. Eric at the Adult pool was fantastic and hard working. Concierge desk is extremely helpful.
Things to consider:
- just have to say that the wifi is terrible (I actually did a speed test on it and it was less than 0.5MB, and your home internet is probably 15MB). So you can pay an extra $20 per day for real wifi, but this all seems so counter-intuitive to the exceptional service you get everywhere else on the resort
- resort is located on the western (dry) side of the island. Many attractions are a far drive away. And given the perfection at the resort, it will be hard to get motivated to get out and see the island.
- tremendous fitness center. Not many restaurant options, and I can see how they would get old if you had a lengthy stay, as some mention.
- golf course was not crowded at all on Memorial Day weekend
- beach could be better, as many have noted, but it is still gorgeous. And the snorkeling pool seems under-utilized and definitely worth checking out
Overall this resort looks just like the photos on the internet, if not better. Clearly 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting on the picturesque Kona-Kohala coast of Hawaii Island, the Four Seasons Resort Hualalai combines the warm aloha of the Islands with the impeccable signature service recognized by Four Seasons guests worldwide. With 243 guest rooms, an award-winning golf course, and seven pools, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai is the only Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond Rated Resort in Hawaii. The Resort offers five dining options, including 'ULU Ocean Grill + Sushi Lounge, the only Forbes star-rated restaurant on the Island. Chefs in each dining outlet work with ingredients from over 160 local farms, and 75% of the food served is from Hawaii Island. The comfortable and spacious accommodations at the Resort are housed in intimate two-story bungalows arranged in small crescents along the beachfront and golf course. Additional features include an Ocean Adventures team, seven tennis courts, a spa with 14 treatment rooms and salon services, and a Cultural Center with classes and activities highlighting Hawaiian culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Hualalai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu Hotel Kailua-Kona
- 4 Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu
- Four Seasons Kailua-Kona
- Kailua-Kona Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hawaii
- Four Seasons Hualalai
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai Hawaii/Kailua-Kona