My husband did the Kona Ironman 70.3 and our family (with three young kids) spent our last night at the Four Seasons Hualalai after a one week stay at a rental property. Wow! Talk about saving the best for last! Check-in staff were cordial and accommodating and allowed us to use the pool and lunch on the property as our two partial ocean view rooms were not yet ready (it was about 10:00AM).
The property is massive with about 7 pools and we lounged around the cozy cabanas in the family-friendly Sea Shell infinity pool overlooking the beach. Food at the Beach Tree Bar and Lounge was satisfactory and the wine list was great! Order the cheeseburger but watch out for the birds.. they swoop down and nick your food when you're not looking. Dinner at the Hualalai Grille was average but the service and ambiance were excellent. We ordered the 3 Filet Mignons medium-rare which disappointed us as meat was dry. The wine list, however, was expansive and definitely a winner!
Connecting rooms were large and luxurious with a terrace and kids got personalized messages on their bathtubs and received gifts like stuffed turtle toys, caramelized popcorn & M&Ms, and a hula skirt. They were thrilled. We loved that they supported the local groups by purchasing their shampoo, lotion & body wash amenities from them.
The gym space was huge. There are separate rooms for the cardio equipment, weights and some machines were outside in case guests preferred a no-aircon environment. There were several studios as well for yoga and many choices of classes were offered during the day.
Overall, our only regret was not staying longer! We will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting on the picturesque Kona-Kohala coast of Hawaii Island, the Four Seasons Resort Hualalai combines the warm aloha of the Islands with the impeccable signature service recognized by Four Seasons guests worldwide. With 243 guest rooms, an award-winning golf course, and seven pools, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai is the only Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond Rated Resort in Hawaii. The Resort offers five dining options, including 'ULU Ocean Grill + Sushi Lounge, the only Forbes star-rated restaurant on the Island. Chefs in each dining outlet work with ingredients from over 160 local farms, and 75% of the food served is from Hawaii Island. The comfortable and spacious accommodations at the Resort are housed in intimate two-story bungalows arranged in small crescents along the beachfront and golf course. Additional features include an Ocean Adventures team, seven tennis courts, a spa with 14 treatment rooms and salon services, and a Cultural Center with classes and activities highlighting Hawaiian culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Hualalai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu Hotel Kailua-Kona
- 4 Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu
- Four Seasons Kailua-Kona
- Kailua-Kona Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hawaii
- Four Seasons Hualalai
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai Hawaii/Kailua-Kona