We stayed 6 nights at the Four Seasons Hualalai at Historic Ka'upulehu from July 31st to August 6th.
Our experience with this amazing hotel started well before we arrived, having made a booking we contacted the hotel and let them know that we will be spending a big part of our honeymoon at the property and kindly asked for a complimentary honeymoon upgrade, off course subject to hotel's discretion and availability.
Additionally concierge got in touch with me regarding activities and sent me a very detailed e-mail about things to do on the island and has kindly offered to make bookings of activities on my behalf. After a series of e-mails back and forth, the concierge team booked a snorkelling experience, a submarine and helicopter experience for us!
Dealing with concierge and not the service providers directly saved a lot of time and at the end of the process concierge team have put together an itinerary for us, with key dates, times, locations, directions so that we had the information that we needed to hand.
In the airport we were greeted by one of the Four Seasons greeters that went to fetch our luggage for us and within a couple of minutes of our arrival we were comfortably seated in the taxi van that was kindly arranged for us by the concierge.
Upon arrival we were greeted by one of the front desk staff named Jason, who offered us a refreshing drink as well as helped us check in at the comfort of a sofa in a personal, private environment, he also said that since we are on honeymoon and as per our e-mail request we will be upgraded from a basic room to the beautiful ocean view room.
From reception we were put on a golf cart and one of the bell staff drove us to our room, where we were greeted with a note from Jason and a selection of fruits and cheeses as a gift for our honeymoon. The room was clean, large with own outdoor shower! Very good, simple but elegant design.
For 6 days in the row we had the most amazing experience of our life.
The property is huge and has several beeches, from rocky to sandy, from busy to private and secluded, it has two golf courses and a sea-water swimming pool with over 3000 fish of 75 different species that you can swim with, snorkel, there is even an eagle ray that you can sign up to feed :)
Ohh the staff, they are all so kind and eager to help, eager to learn about you, eager to start a conversation and make your stay unforgettable, and I must tell you they did. Edwin working at the bell desk helped us out a million times, a very kind, softly spoken, educated gentleman who we are largely thankful to.
The Ulu restaurant at the property was very nice, the japanese cuisine with a local Hawaiian twist was great particularly all the tuna dishes which are an absolute must try. Average meal for two without wine at the property will cost you around $60-$120 bucks.
Generally the resort is probably the best of the best, very private not many people, very closed and exclusive (the most expensive resort on Hawaii). A best honeymoon destination for sure, a good destination for couples and family, kids will have a blast!!!
Great hotel, great staff, great experience!
Thank you guys!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting on the picturesque Kona-Kohala coast of Hawaii Island, the Four Seasons Resort Hualalai combines the warm aloha of the Islands with the impeccable signature service recognized by Four Seasons guests worldwide. With 243 guest rooms, an award-winning golf course, and seven pools, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai is the only Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond Rated Resort in Hawaii. The Resort offers five dining options, including 'ULU Ocean Grill + Sushi Lounge, the only Forbes star-rated restaurant on the Island. Chefs in each dining outlet work with ingredients from over 160 local farms, and 75% of the food served is from Hawaii Island. The comfortable and spacious accommodations at the Resort are housed in intimate two-story bungalows arranged in small crescents along the beachfront and golf course. Additional features include an Ocean Adventures team, seven tennis courts, a spa with 14 treatment rooms and salon services, and a Cultural Center with classes and activities highlighting Hawaiian culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Hualalai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu Hotel Kailua-Kona
- 4 Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu
- Four Seasons Kailua-Kona
- Kailua-Kona Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hawaii
- Four Seasons Hualalai
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai Hawaii/Kailua-Kona