Uncle Billy's Kona Bay Hotel
US$205
HIExpress.com
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Kona Seaside Hotel(Kailua-Kona)(Great Value!)
US$176
  • Pool
Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort(Kailua-Kona)
Great 4.5/5
Wyndham Mauna Loa Village(Kailua-Kona)
Very Good 4/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed here for one night. The hotel wanted to charge five dollars for the parking, but I parked in a parking lot just behind the hotel parking lot for free. I parked there before when I came to this part of town.
The breakfast is included in the hotel price. Small Danish Pastries, toast was provided. Fresh papayas were also available.
The hotel is good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2013

When I lived on the Hilo side of the Big Island, whenever we went to Kona, we'd stay at Uncle Billy's. Loved the Hawaiian ambiance, the food was simple and tasty, and watching hula in the evening was delightful. Great value for the price -- central location, close to shops and the ocean. I'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I went to Kona for diving recently and stayed here because it was a good price. I had room 3007 which had a nice balcony and overlooked the lobby and the pool and it was nice. Uncle Billy's is in a good central location so I could walk around and site see and eat and shop at different places. There is a nice shopping center right across the street with everything I needed.

I took a taxi to Big Island Divers each morning and it was $6 - $8. Not bad.

Uncle Billy's was perfect for my needs. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I liked 3007. It's a nice big room overlooking the office and the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank fishbabe
Reviewed 25 August 2013

when i go through Hawaii I stay at Billys/Kona Bay. My first visit was almost 20 years ago. the free wifi is ok, cable is ok and decor is ok. it has seen better days.

pros: location, price, parking ( for a fee of course), beds are comfy, nice furniture

people seem to complain about the price and what you get. don't forget your in Hawaii, To stay at the HNL airport will cost over 100 and that's with a view of the freeway or the airport.

at least at Billys you are a stones through from the ocean and downtown kona. staff have always been nice and i cant really complain.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank saipan1
Reviewed 6 July 2013

i stayed here for one night because of work - it was august , the hot season - the A/C was marginal at best and everything in the room had seen better days - the carpet was worn and ratty the furniture was beat up and worn - everything said millions and millions of tourists had been thru here over the years it is what it is ,,,,

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business