We stayed in unit #319, found on VRBO, for 5 nights at the end of May. The unit has been fully remodeled and upgraded with very nice touches. The kitchen is beautiful and actually stocked well enough to be usable if you wanted to actually cook meals there (we didn't). The host has left tons of towels, beach towels, pillows, etc. The on-site condominium manager is super nice (we had a flat tire, he saw my husband moving stuff around and trotted right over to help him change it). The pool and bbq area are also very nice and mostly quiet. I suspect most of the live-in owners are older folk, so the only kids you will see are those who are renters. Unlike others who have mentioned unfavorable interactions with residents, I don't think we ever even saw one.
The downside is that the A/C unit in the bedroom is nowhere near powerful enough to cool the whole condo so we kept the bedroom doors closed so it was cool enough to sleep, but the living area remained somewhat sticky and uncomfortable. Opening the windows and turning on the fans really didn't help. We're from the Pacific NW so heat and humidity that other people wouldn't even notice seem oppressive to me, so that was kind of a bummer. Plus, as others have mentioned, the windows could really use blackout curtains because we were awake around 6am every morning from the sunlight, which isn't really MY idea of a fabulous vacation of sleeping in.
Anybody who has trouble climbing stairs should not stay here, no elevator.
The location is great, but unless you're super healthy and into walking, you're not going to walk into Hilo-town. Luckily there seems to be plenty of free parking in town so that's no big deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tumble out of bed and enjoy a morning ocean walk, returning to breakfast on your Italian tiled lanai overlooking the ocean. The view of the ocean is wonderful. Tastefully renovated dream kitchen with granite countertops, two flat screen TV's, five appliances (including washer/dryer) and romantic bedroom with four poster bed, two new memory foam mattress and beautiful Egyptian bedding. Alii Villas is a popular, well maintained resort located on scenic Alii Drive, with nothing between it and the ocean except palm trees and lush gardens. Everything provided, including custom bath robes and aloha welcome basket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your Alii Villas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alii Villas Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Alii Villas Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona