“Delish”

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kamanu Street
Description: Our cafe has closed but we still offer the same delicious and healthy food from our Lotus Cafe Fresh Express Food Truck. Our goal at Lotus is to serve the highest quality and best tasting Asian food you have ever eaten. Using our 35 years of experience working with natural and organic foods, we have created unique recipes and sourced special ingredients, many that we grow on our farm, to bring you the flavors of Northern Thailand, Burma, India and Indonesia, all cooked without the slew of artificial ingredients commonly used in all other Asian restaurants. Our cooking techniques maximize the flavor and nutritional / medicinal benefits of the fresh herbs and spices we use. Nothing is fried in oil; mostly we braise or ingredients in the sauces we create. We use fresh herbs & spices to prepare all our sauces from scratch; bottled & canned sauces are NEVER used. Being Hawaii's only Pan-Asian natural foods food truck, with a great menu of dishes not offered anywhere else in Hawaii, and serving fresh delicious food, we have built a huge following of clients just by word of mouth. Come for a meal or just a snack of our delicious gelato, made fresh with local fruit (9 flavors)and coconut milk. It's dairy free and delicious. Come find out why people are raving about Lotus Cafe! Lotus is the only Gluten free & GMO free eatery in all of Hawaii. We use unprocessed and mostly organic ingredients. We can easily accommodate any food allergies or preferences you may have, as we cook the food when you order it, not earlier in the day. You can also find us on Saturdays a t the Keauhou Farmers Market and Sundays at the South Kona Green Market. Also Wednesdays at the Waimea Midweek Farmers Market.
Captain Cook, Hawaii, United States
“Delish”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I'm a sucker for Pad Thai. I can't speak to the other dishes this restaurant serves, but I can tell you their Pad Thai is fresh, yummy, and generous. I always intend to take some home and, instead, end up eating the whole thing. I just can't help myself. Although I've only eaten at Lotus twice (both times for lunch), I've never walked away hungry....not even close. I like that they have MANY vegetarian options. My friend ordered the fresh squeezed juice. The glass was large enough for us to share. Amazingly good on a hot day.

Lotus Café is located in the new industrial area, above Costco, in a metal, strip-mall building adjacent to their import business . They've done a fine job transforming the building's interior into a pleasant space. The prices are in line with all the other Thai restaurants I've been to....$9+ per dish....a fair price given their fresh, organic ingredients. The place was not very busy and our food arrived quickly. The only complaint, and it's a small one, is both times I've been to this restaurant, we've had to go up and ask for the check after waiting and waiting.

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Banff, Canada
“Top notch quality & sensational menu”
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

I read about this place in a guide book and decided to go check it out. Was delighted with my meal- green papaya salad, grilled oki fish with kafir lime leaves and a side of sticky rice. The iced coconut chai is to die for. I was overall very impressed. It doesn't look like much from the outside but is definitely a place I'd go to again.

• Visited August 2013
El Cerrito, California
“Great food, terrific favors”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Tucked away in industrial Kona across from Costco. Found their truck at a farmers market and went for dinner. Had the ahi special which was prepared Indonesian style. Incredible. Pad Thai was not made with Ketchup like all other preparations Ive had. Yum.

Visited August 2013
B'ham, AL
“Good food”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This was a little off the beaten path, but nice food, generous portions, and high quality. The service was very good as well.

Visited July 2013
Plano, Texas
“Food descriptions don't match the meal”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

While the service was ok even though understaffed, the menu descriptions and the quality of food did not match. The restaurant is in an industrial area, deserted, and very below average ambience. For the price, expected better. Not recommended. Do not try the Indian twists on food

Visited July 2013