“Stay here!”

Hawaiian Oasis B&B
Ranked #4 of 13 Kailua-Kona B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Luxurious. Safe. Comfortable. Dano will take great care of you. Aloha room is way nicer than any resort room I've been in. Considering the real homemade hot breakfasts, free parking, free wifi, great personal advice for touring, this is a better deal than any resort. I really can't express how wonderful our stay was. I was not expecting how well we were taken care of. We will come back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drivereye

Reviewed 18 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at Hawaiian Oasis for the last two nights of our honeymoon. Though we knew it was a great place from the previous reviews on Tripadvisor, It still exceeded our expecation in every way. We got an upgrade from the Garden room to the Waterfall. It was a lovely and spacious room. The owners of the property certainly have great lens for beauty because every corner is decorated with true taste and elegance. Every room is beautiful and practically designed. Even if we hadn't got an upgrade, we would have been happy to stay at the Garden room. Dano, ah, sweet Dano, made us a heart-shaped cookie and he said "cookies are for lovers". We had had so much to eat in Hawaii and our stomach couldn't tolerate more food for the last few days, but we didn't want to leave the cookie behind so we took it with us to the mainland.

The property is well equipped with everything you want, grills, a tiki bar, a salt water swimming pool, a hot tub, a tennis and a badminton (Aloha, my Asian friends) court. I would totally just spend a day inside of the property to enjoy the tranquility bestowed.

One secret we didn't tell Dano was one of the reasons we chose to stay at Oasis was because of the breakfast he prepared for the guests. Yep, tropical fruits, Kono coffee, fresh bread AND hot plates. He made different hot breakfast everyday. The guests staying with us told us that they had had different hot breakfast almost everyday in the past 8 days. To us, it's special because it's not a just a boring routine, but warm personal attention by Dano every morning.

Of course, one can't talk about the B&B without mentioning Dano. He is such a great care taker with a genuinely warm heart. You will be so impressed by his personality, his knowledge and his experience. I wanted to ask Dano how he felt about reading all the great comments online about him (and of course, I forgot to ask him this because there was just so much to talk about every morning with him and with other guests). He is a true legend but also a person with great passion and compassion.

Thank you, the owners of the B&B, for offering such a great place, and thank you, Dano and Teresa, for taking great care of us. It made our last two days on the island truly special. I wanted to post some pictures but I don't see the need for duplication here. More importantly, pictures don't do this place enough justice, just like my words are not powerful enough until you go see Hawaiian Oasis and meet Dano in person.

Grace and Alvin

Room Tip: Seriously, every room is great
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grace H
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This is one of my favorite places ever. We had so much more fun than we even imagined prior to coming to Hawaii; eating cookies and chocolate covered macadamia nuts, playing tennis and badminton on the property, borrowing stuff for the beaches, chilling out of our beautiful lanai... When there are a lot of people staying, it can get a little noisy with all of the hardwood flooring even though people take off their shoes to walk around (we were in the waterfall suite, which is below the kitchen and breakfast area). Dano was such an incredible host!

Room Tip: Waterfall suite is huge and beautiful, but noisy at breakfast time when many others are staying. Not...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
KonaZenpuggy, Owner at Hawaiian Oasis B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! While the kitchen/dining area of the inn is indeed above the Waterfall Suite, we have had no prior issues with noise affecting guests staying in that suite. We do tip-toe around while preparing the meal, but once fellow guests show up for breakfast, its hard to control noise that might be noticeable below. For light sleepers who want to stay a little longer in that wonderful bed in the Waterfall, I can see how breakfast might affect them. We will put some effort into mitigating this issue, and in the meantime I think its good advice that late sleepers consider another of our beautiful suites. Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I know this might sound silly, but I've found that you can tell a lot about a small or independently operated place by the way they fold their towels. You see, the time and level of care it takes to tightly and precisely fold a towel is indicative of the time and level of care that is put into all other aspects of managing the property and guests.

We rented the property for a week, which ended with our dream wedding and reception. As one would imagine, there was a lot of planning, decorating and coordinating that took place, with increasing velocity as the week progressed. Dano could not have been more helpful in offering advice, goods and tools for making it all come together. He made himself available at all times needed and was johnny-on-the-spot. It's clear that he takes great pride in tending to the giant task of keeping the property up.

While Dano isn't directly responsible for folding the towels, it's clear that he fosters a prideful culture with all those who work on/with the property.

The towels at Hawaiian Oasis were folded perfectly. (shoutout to Tamara!)

Room Tip: Don't miss the sunset from the Aloha Room lanai!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bspracklen

While I can't speak to the exact folding of the towels, it's clear that you are a detail person, and I'm so glad that we were able to meet (or perhaps exceed) your expectations! We DO care about the little things at the Hawaiian Oasis, and it's nice when they are noticed :)
The Oasis is a remarkable place for a special event, and I'm delighted that your wedding celebration was just as you had hoped. Thank you for your compliments, and I hope we see you for an anniversary in the future!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

We can not say enough about our stay at the Hawaiian Oasis B&B. We rented the home for our wedding and found it to be the perfect spot for the ceremony, reception and for our stay on the island. We had a total of 12 family members and the house was perfect! There was enough large shared space to accommodate a big family yet all the rooms were spacious and comfy so that when private time was needed, we had that too. The house was stocked with just about anything you could want or need. Dano, the innkeeper was amazing! He took a personal interest in making sure our wedding was a success. He offered help whenever he could and he personally made sure the grounds were pristine the day of the wedding. We definitely plan on staying again in the future and can not wait to return to this beautiful home!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

I'm delighted that you found the Hawaiian Oasis perfect for your wedding and "home base" for your family! The property is set up so that everyone can have a little piece of their own paradise while still sharing the estate. It was one of the things that first attracted me to the property before we bought it, and I'm glad that it worked for you so well! Thank you for your comments. Come back and stay with us sometime by yourselves, and we can show you how we treat old friends as B&B guests!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Having to leave today after our third time at Hawaiian Oasis made us feel so sad. It has become our vacation "home" and we love returning to paradise. Dano makes the stay feel very special and Theresa is the sweetest hostess. It was great spending time with the owner Darla too. Thank you Peter and Darla for your attention to detail. Mahalo.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husband and I were in desperate need of a relaxing vacation early last summer and almost at the last minute decided to travel to Hawaii. We were so fortunate that there was a room available at the Hawaiian Oasis! Dan and Theresa were wonderful hosts and everyone on staff was so friendly and helpful. We stayed in the Aloha Suite and it was beautiful. Although we missed interacting with other guests, we happened to be the only ones there at the time and we felt like royalty to have this amazing properly all to ourselves. The Aloha Suite was perfect; however, if other guests are at the Oasis a downstairs room may be more private. We played tennis each morning before having a delicious breakfast. We loved spending time at the Oasis. It was quite hot when we were in Kona and a definite plus was that after swimming or hiking along the coast in the afternoon heat, we could return to the B and B and it was so cool and nice with a constant breeze coming in the windows. Day or night, the temperature was so pleasant. We hope to return, perhaps for our 25th wedding anniversary next year! Finally, I can't thank Dan enough for introducing me to Kona coffee, a coffee so mellow I can drink caffeinated without getting jittery!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple