“Great Thai and so friendly!”
Review of Krua Thai Cuisine

Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Henry Street
Description: Krua Thai Cuisine is the newest favorite within the Kona community. Popular prices and exciting variety make Krua a must experience on your visit to the Big Island. Over 60 menu selections daily means you can return over and over to find your favorite of all the delectables. Truly Authentic Thai food from the Heart in the heart of Kailua-Kona
Sydney, Australia
“Great Thai and so friendly!”
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

We arrived late from Australia and we just wanted dinner. We stumbled across this restaurant and it was reat! Kids meals for $8 which were huge! Staff were so friendly and great with the kids. Have them crayons to occupy them and even chatted to them.
We would recommend this place for a great filling and authentic Thai meal!

Canada
“Good Thai”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Krua turned out to have quite nice cuisine. The prices are consistent with most 'middle-of-the-road' thai restaurants - the mains sitting in the $15 range. The restaurant is conveniently located on Kuakini in Kailuna-Kona about one block east of "downtown". Lots of free parking.

We ordered the yellow curry and Queen of Siam Basil - both of which were very tasty!

Please note that this restaurant does NOT serve any alcohol. However, you are welcome to bring your own without being charged a corking fee. So if you enjoy a glass of wine, at the very least, you'll save yourself a couple of bucks by bringing your own!

We also ordered the thai tea. This was absolutely delicious! It's a chilled, creamy tea. I definitely recommend.

The service was fantastic and the restaurant is new, modern and very clean! Take-out is available.

I found the hours of restaurants in Hawaii to be a little bit inconvenient because I am used to going out to eat whenever I want. However, most of the non-chain restaurants close for a siesta between lunch and dinner so ensure you plan your day around this.

• Visited November 2013
Honolulu
“Maybe if we had stayed.......”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I have only walked out of a restaurant before ordering on 4 occasions in my life, but this was one of them. My family and I (my wife, myself, and our 14 year old son) were very excited to visit Krua Thai based on the reviews it received from trip advisor. Sadly, we did not get a chance to sample the food.
When we arrived, there seemed to be only two servers for an almost full dining room, one of which seemed to be more engaged in bussing. I noticed that most diners had completed there meals, so I assumed that we had arrived at the tail-end of a seating. The first bad vibe came from the fact that, instead of being seated, we were "waved" to a table that would accommodate us. This was hardly a problem and would have been unremarkable otherwise.
We sat ourselves and, since there was only one menu on the table, my wife went and fetched two more menus from the counter herself (the primary server made no attempt to provide these).
While we perused the menu and waited to be attended to in the first instance (and this period of time seemed long to go entirely unacknowledged), a couple was shown to a table by the primary server (which was rejected) and then reseated at a table across from ours.
The slight that sent us packing was that the primary server (that simply waved us to our table and then ignored us) then serviced that table with glasses of water. I'm sure others might not think this significant, but this (in combination with being "waved" to a table and then being ignored for a while) made us feel unwanted as guests in this restaurant.
The primary server then returned to our table (without water, I might add!) and in a rather perfunctory manner, offered to take our order.
At this point, I could sense that my wife was rightly fuming. I made a decision to leave and said, after quickly considering all of this, "Thanks, but I think we'll be going." to the primary server. She then turned immediately, with no further interaction, to the other table to take their order. It was clear that she didn't want us to be there.
I can't rightly tell why things went the way they did. My guess is that she sensed what we were feeling and, rather than address it, assumed it wasn't worth the trouble in rectifying since it was so far gone already.
The sad thing is that it would have taken so little at so many of the touchpoints in this experience to save the day. It was only the cumulative effect of a series of minor slights that sent us away.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank hirunningman
“Best Thai I've ever had”
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

I've traveled all over the US so this is only based on mainstream cities I've visited, Boston, San Fran, Seattle, New York, etc..

This place hands down is the best Thai I've had. Curry is great, noodle dishes are phenomenal, service is top notch and prices are perfect! You won't be Dissapointed..

Marinette, Wisconsin
“Terrific Thai”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We ate here on a Saturday night for our honeymoon. This was the best Thai we had on the island. I don't know why this place was nearly empty.

The yellow curry was the best I have ever had. My wife enjoyed her Pad Thai. It had a distinct almost smoky flavor.

We would highly recommend this place