“Lovely but Noisy”
Review of Kona Hula Girl

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kailua-Kona
Kona Hula Girl
Reviewed 10 May 2014

It's on a main road with all night traffic plus there is heavy construction across the street. Nice welcome and lovely room. Only our Aloha room had A/C and you must leave one window vented for it. One sink doubles for kitchen and bathroom which is awkward. They provide beach towels and boogie boards. Mini frig, microwave and coffee pot. No breakfast supplies.

Room Tip: Only the Aloha room has A/C.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed in the Hualalai Room for a week in February 2014 and found it to be a perfect fit four our needs. The room is clean and immaculately maintained. The kitchen has just what we need - microwave, toaster, large mini fridge and coffee maker. Kitchen supplies are right on e.g., water glasses, juice glasses wine glasses and coffee mugs, all cutlery and plates. The bed is very comfortable and there's an end table with lamp on both sides. Good desk and three chairs. Loads of storage space in the closet and cabinets. The room is not overly large but it is well-laid out so we're not bumping into each other.

But wait, there's more! free parking, coin-operated laundry, and three outdoor spots for sipping your coffee or wine and enjoying the view of the ocean. No air conditioning, but a very large ceiling fan and breezes coming through the room so we were comfortable throughout. The Renberg's have been friendly and accommodating in both organizing the room via email and onsite. The web site is accurate, the photos reflect the room, and the Renberg's have been totally up front about the air conditioning and the relatively minor amount of road noise (hasn't been a problem for us).

Need more? The location is ***perfect***. Easy 10 minute walk to the heart of Kona, but far enough away that's there's no hustle and bustle. The rooms are well-insulated, cannot hear the neighbors at all. And the price, are you kidding me? $72/night plus tax for a one week stay is a steal.

I'm guessing the other rooms are probably worth the small up charge for ocean views and road noise reduction. However, I booked six months in advance and this was the only room left!

So, if you're looking for comfortable quarters priced right as a base for exploring the Big Island, Kona Hula Girl would be hard to beat!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve S
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We were being awaited by our hosts after a very friendly phone call to describe the way. The room is beautiful in a very nice house close to Kailua Kona Village. Perfect location for exploring the island with a rental car. Very good value.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We absolutely loved this accommodation! The rooms are really nice, clean and conveniently setup. There are plenty of 'extras' available, including laundry, beach chairs, even Aloe in case you soaked up a little too much sun! Additionally, the owners are wonderful - very kind, accommodating people who make the stay even more enjoyable. It's a short drive outside busy Kona, which (for us) was nice to have a little space between you & the downtown scene. Overall, a wonderful experience - Mahalo Kona Hula girl!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank live4today_908
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I stayed at this place in October 2013. My flight was cancelled for the first night and had to rearrange my meet up time which was no problem with Dean, one of the owners. Dean showed me around the property, offered guidance on where to go including a wonderful map that I used even after I departed. The property is easy to find and within walking distance from most of the shopping district. It is however, up a hill which is no problem to walk back to, unless you did a lot of shopping in which case I would say to definitely use a car or bike.
The house itself is adorable. I stayed in the tiki room upstairs which had a cute kitchen with appliances, and cutlery, etc. Large bathroom with a little closet/vanity area, and living and bedroom area. I loved the wrap around windows with shutters. What a beautiful view!
Other ammenities were the barbecue area and a little shaded private nook further out to sit and chill. Having laundry available was great! Dean also showed me his favorite guide book which was available to read during my stay.
I did have a few neighbors, and with a few exceptions, I barely heard anything above a mumble.
The best part was that Dean was super nice and offered me a ride to my next stay since I didn't have a car rental. I also realized that I was refunded for the day I didn't get to stay. How is that for service??? Hotels would never do that!
I recommend them for anyone who wants a more laid-back feel and doesn't need the posh extras you would expect in a resort atmosphere. I liked it because it was more private, affordable and had the space to make meals. Felt cozy and homey! Will definitely stay there again!!

Room Tip: the photos on the website look just like the actual rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank factorygirl21
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The owners are very nice people - very accomdating to our needs.
The surround is also very nice. Close to the coast and all the restaurants and shops but not too close. But still within walking distance so no need to look for parking, which is a plus.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We a had perfect stay in this beautiful studio. It is very clean and well equipped e.g. beach gear (towels,chair, umbrella, ...), all necessary kitchen equipment is in a good condition.
We really liked the Panorama view from the bed of our Tiki Room.
Dean and Drew, the owner was very kind and helpful.
We really enjoyed the visit and can only recommend this studio as the place to stay in Kona. We wished we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple