“Embodies the essence of Aloha Spirit and the best food I've ever had.”
Review of Ainakai

Ainakai
Ranked #189 of 287 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mililani
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Embodies the essence of Aloha Spirit and the best food I've ever had.”
Reviewed 29 May 2010

For our first anniversary my wife and I planned a trip to Kona from Oahu. A month earlier on a business trip I had met Executive Chef Eric Lelinski from the Sheraton Keauhou Resort's Kai Restaurant who recommended that I try doing the "Dinner Under the Stars" at the resort. I have to tell you, thank you so much not only for the recommendation but for the overall Aloha Spirit from that the entire staff. They made the evening so special for my wife and I. The moment I had checked in with the hostess at the Kai Restaurant we were greeted with Aloha. Then we had a private waiter bring out two complimentary Mai Tai's for our occasion and then proceeded to escort us out to our private table in a courtyard on the ocean to watch the sunset.. They had a menu typed up with our names on them and even set up tiki torches for the occasion. Not to mension that right infront of our table we had manta rays that we could watch playing close to shore. They also blocked off the pathway so that my wife and i had the whole area to ourselves. We were personally greated by Executive Chef Eric Lelinski when he brought out our first course. I was so special and my wife was so blown away by the entire experience. Now if you take all of that away and you just have the 5 course dinner that was served to talk about, I would tell you that I was in heaven. I love food and my wife and I both agree that this was the best meal we have ever eaten. For the Main Entree we ate Filet with a mushroom reduction sauce and Fresh Ono. They also had the BEST Seafood Chowder I ever had too. All of the greens and garnish were so fresh that it's like they had a garden in the kitchen. We loved the food so much that we ate at the restaurant again on our last night of our trip and again we were blown away by the true essence of aloha spirit from the staff and the extraordinary fresh food greatly prepared. Mahalo so much for making our first anniversary so memorable.

Webster Groves, Missouri
“Most caring waitresses and hostess!!”
Reviewed 3 March 2010

My dad and aunt were planning on vacationing there for 2 weeks. My husband and I arrived a week and a half later. This was the 3rd year for my Dad and his sister to stay at the Sheraton Keauhou Bay. Their first morning back at the Sheraton restaurant the waitresses gave my dad and aunt a hug because they remembered them from previous years. 4 days after they arrived my Dad went into the Kona hospital for pnuemonia and my aunt was alone knowing no one in Hawaii, except for the breakfast staff who were wonderful for her and worried about my dad. One waitress invited my aunt to stay at her home so she would be alone. My aunt was honored with the offer, but stayed at hotel. When my husband and I were halfway to Hawaii to visit my dad, he passed away. We met the breakfast staff (three waitresses and the hostess) and they all gave us hugs. The restaurant breakfast staff gave us a wonderful sympathy card (see photo.) These 4 gals represent the aloha spirit and deserve a raise.

1 Thank sjillyc