“great adventure for the family”

FIRE HATT Sportfishing Private Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Awarded Trip Adviser Certificate of Excellence in 2012 and 2013. Specializing in sportfishing for marlin, ahi, mahi mahi and ono. Our fishing tours explore the Kona coast wherever the fish are biting. We offer half day, 3/4 day, and full day fishing Adventures and also a family favorite combination snorkel (all gear provided) and fishing trips.
Seattle
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“great adventure for the family”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

There cant be too many people that know more about marlin fishing than Chuck and Adam, these two have a passion. We saw a marlin but were not fortunate enough to catch one. But this tour makes up for any lack of fish. They do a Captain Cook snorkel adventure in the middle so you can save a few hundred bucks by doing both. Very informative bunch, for the first time in my life I was pretty excited about fishing. Had my wife and two teen girls and all had a great time.

Visited April 2012

Lakeville, Mn
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun for Everyone!”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Our day with Chuck, Linda and Adam was the highlight of our trip! Five minutes after getting on the boat I felt like we were with old friends. My husband and son are serious about fishing, and my daughter and I were along for the ride. My daughter was determined she was not going to reel in a fish, and by the end of the day she had reeled in a nice size Ono.
I cannot say enough about the service we received. Their commitment to making us comfortable and finding the fish was amazing. The boat is clean and well maintained. I was impressed at the time they spent with our children answering their questions and teaching them about the sport of fishing. We ended up catching three nice size onos and a tuna, a dream come true for my son. The excitement they shared was contagious. Adam, the deck hand, has become a legend with my son.
For me, the non fishermen of the family, I enjoyed the conversation and watching the kids make great memories. I highly recommend Fire Hatt for families and serious fishermen!

1 Thank Ande1kev
3 attraction reviews
“Firehatt and crew are the best”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Chuck,Linda,and Adam were great! I will be back and hopefully find that marlin. The firehatt crew went above and beyond trying everything they could to catch us fish. The crew of the firehatt made you feel like family.Linda's muffins and cut fruit was a real nice treat.Adam brought civiche that was homemade from his friend and shared that with as well. We fished all the way to the end.At the end of the trip Chuck and Linda invited us up to their home to offer some fresh Mahi Mahi they had vaccum sealed just a couple days before. The firehatt goes way above and beyond to make your fishing trip a great experiance. Of course i can't leave out Abby. She's such a little sweetheart. When my wife and i walked over to the dock abby was there to greet us. It was like she knew we were her guests for the day and walked us over to the boat.She is precious!. Thankyou again for making us feel at home. Sean and Amy Tucson,Az

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Family Friendly and Lots of Fun!”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Our family enjoys fishing. My children and I had not yet tried our hand at deep sea fishing while my husband takes time annually to do so. The boat was very well cared for with everything shined and in good working order. The captain was fun to talk to and did his best to make us feel at home. Fresh fruit and muffins were provided so that we weren't hungry.

The children were taught how to watch for fish sign and helped catch the two fish we were able to bring in. Everyone had a fantastic time and they even gave us a little extra time so that our second son could finally get "the big one". We have many proud pictures of them both with their catches as well as the flag flying showing what we caught.

I would, without hesitation, recommend this experience to one and all. Be sure to bring your camera so you can catch all of the smiles!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank DasShatzi
Tucson, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Our sportfishing adventure was Great!”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

March, 1, 2012 - my husband and I had been on sportfishing adventures before in Hawaii & Alaska. Those trips were merely Introductions to what should be a sportfishing adventure. We have experienced a charter captain with the level of knowledge equal to that of an actor and a captain who was out for his own interests not that of the charter group aboard. If we were to rate our first few experiences they would be just ok.
Our trip with FIRE HATT was fantastic! Captain Chuck and first mate Adam were professional, fun and very personable! Made sure we were comfortable, well hydrated and fed but most of all they made sure we understood what all the gear was, how to use it and what to do if/when we might hook on to a fish. That know how and " practice session" Adam gave me helped me catch the fishing experience of a life time when I reeled in a 30# Mahi. It wasn't easy but because they had me familiar with the equipment, I was able to strap in and start reeling! It was very exciting 20 minute adventure. Adam donned a camera on his head and gave me a cd video of my "reel" experience to share! That was awesome!!!
When we returned to the harbor Adam artfully filleted my catch after many photos. We brought our fish home and grilled a feast with our family there in Hawaii. When it was time to return to AZ we froze and brought the rest of our prize Mahi home. Here we had another fish fry and I was proud to boast about my catch and the Professional Crew that helped me get it.
When we return to Hawaii we will definitely go out with Captain Chuck on his well maintained and Gorgeous FIRE HATT Charter boat. Hoping the next time Mrs. Captain Linda will be able to join us.

Visited March 2012